Expectations - what can we achieve by May 2020?

What can a new manager realistically achieve by May?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottom half finish via lowest common denominator football at best I'm afraid

The names mooted are either totally unattainable or David Moyes. Brands needs to prove his worth by unearthing a charismatic, fearless young coach from some where and maybe pay my car tax (either will do tbh)

Pick up a few wins and we'l finish around 10th easy, even when big Sam took over we were having a shocking season and we finished top half quite easy. I've not been worried about 'relegation' at all for a few seasons now it's just the underachiement of the club which worries me and everyone, we should be challenging top 6 not settling for anything else. A club as big as ours should be playing in Europe every season.

Bottom half finish via lowest common denominator football at best I'm afraid

The names mooted are either totally unattainable or David Moyes. Brands needs to prove his worth by unearthing a charismatic, fearless young coach from some where and maybe pay my car tax (either will do tbh)

Why do club's even have 'directors of football'? Surely the manager should have final say on who he wants.... Walsh and now brands have done nothing

At the start of this season I was somewhat optimistic we could challenge for a top 4 place (like Leicester are doing, there was definitely an opportunity with alot of teams uncertain about their prospects). I rated our team about as good as Chelsea and have been shocked at our different fortunes which I can only put down to management.

Top 4 is definitely gone this season. Still there is 58% of games to play. Top 6 should be the target with 7th or 8th being what is perhaps realistic. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.