Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will get lost in here probably, and not sure if everyone has the same pre-game 'insight' of Neville and Hargreaves...but did anyone else hear them tittering / taking the p out of us just before they cut to the game coverage?

Really unprofessional and annoyed the crap out of me for some reason. Will try to find the video later.

Much better commentary this week btw.

A breath of fresh air that 45. Effort, playing for the shirt and fight. OK we know they are all not world class but a great start under Dunc. Keep it up lads, we could not have wished for more. I doubt Pereira would have got this reaction from the players either.

COYB.

I’m not being revisionist at all we rarely pressed effectively.

We pressed effectively nearly all the time, but once it was broken we were screwed and gave away really easy chances. He never fixed that. It shows up in how we were one of the best in the league for not giving the opposition chances, but that when we did give them chances the quality of the chance was really high relative to everyone else in the league.

Need more energy up front I think, I don't think Kean is a hold up type but he'll twist and turn and run with the ball, DCL does neither, hold it up nor twist and turn.

Unleash Oumar...
images

Status
Not open for further replies.