Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be trying to do what Silva did in his first game vs Chelsea, put Sig on their creative midfielder all game. It worked then (vs Jorginho), but not sure it will against Kovacevic or Mount.

...Mount will run past our midfield all game, nobody will be able to counter his runs into the box. Schneiderlin will have to sit in front of the CBs and kick Mount as he runs through.

To be fair he only had a day or two to prepare so I imagine he’s setting them up the way Silva was going to. Hopefully new manager in soon and they can clear the decks tactics wise.

No one thought that, the midfield was always going to be any combo of Gylfi, Surrender or Hipster because of lack of options
Happens every game. The shock horror when the team is named. When the options are so limited .
Davies cost us the game v Leicester and was ripped apart here. Now he is left out it's a disgrace . Not saying schneiderlin is the answer but Davies has not been good last while.
Mina is Injured and other talkin point Is not starting kean who has yet to score .

Interesting on BT ... davies who's been decent was poor in the derby .. workrate and positioning could of prevented a few goals

Mike dean as well pointing where to pass or one of there goals ... wow

The midfield does not give me confidence. I'm not sure what Sigurdsson offers off the ball.

I'm just hoping that Dunc can some how get a reaction out of our players. Any manager who can motivate them to put 100% effort in for 90 minutes will have us comfortably mid table.

He jogs around after the ball alot.

Or he could be sprinting, it's hard to tell as he's so ridiculously slow.

His work rate stats are incredible because he never stops moving. It's a shame a lot of that movement involves hiding behind the nearest opposition player when we get possession so he doesn't have to be involved.

... christ he's terrible.

I think the idea is to hit it forward early to DCL and make it stick, then get up in support - we're not going for pace, this is a lot more 'route one'.

At least I think so; only sense I can make of it.
Yes maybe. I hope Snides sits in front of our centre backs, they will need it.
Will be interesting to see his tactics
Two walls of four, let them have the ball, hit them on the break?
I would normally play like that away but I won't be bothered if he did at home, if we win

Well, not even kicked off yet and according to the above we're already beaten.

WTF was Ferguson supposed to do? change the complete starting 11 so everybody says "Ooooh look he he's cetainly putting his stamp on things".

The squad is ravaged by injuries, the squad is deflated, Ferguson can only go by what he's seen on the training pitch and what he's learned through talking to the players in private.

Yes, if Silva had picked this team I'd agree.......a bumming in store, however this team as Ferguson says has expensive internationals who should be slugging out with the best. Let's see how it goes. Same players but under a different boss and with a different mindset and strategy then who knows? I don't. Let's wait at least until half time before we write the guy and his team off.

Good luck Dunc, COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.