Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nonsense stat.

Other games will be two shots no goals etc.

They were all very good shots and I am not sure if any keeper would have done any better.

Standard Ev looking for reason to criticise though

Take it you don’t watch the games much then?

Pickfords positional play is woeful at present, should have done better with three out of the five goals, in my opinion

Can't see us getting anything from this unfortunately. I think Chelsea are playing some good stuff at the minute.

My prediction is:

- Change in formation. I’m seeing a 4-4-2 diamond with Schneiderlin being horribly exposed as the anchor

- The obligatory interim boss academy product start - Gibson maybe?

- Despite this we’ll play well and succumb to a 70+ minute goal, leading to the usual “if they play like that every week they’ll be fine” shouts

- Next game we’ll do the same and lose 7-0

Predicted lineup:

Pickford

Digne
Gibson
Mina
Holgate

Schneiderlin
Iwobi
Bernard
Sigurdsson

Richarlison
Kean

Davies can gtf. Our choices for midfield are crap, but his two consecutive calamities puts him well away from my preferred 11. Most importantly is to have Kean and Richarlison up top.

Pickford
Holgate Mina Keane
Sidibe Schneiderlin Sigurdsson Digne
Iwobi
Kean Richarlison​

Davies can gtf. Our choices for midfield are crap, but his two consecutive calamities puts him well away from my preferred 11. Most importantly is to have Kean and Richarlison up top.

Pickford
Holgate Mina Keane
Sidibe Schneiderlin Sigurdsson Digne
Iwobi
Kean Richarlison​
Playing Gylfi is playing with 10 men. Not including Schneiderlin bringing us down to a solid 9.

Davies has to play for me as you can at least notice that he's on the pitch

Don't think so. Tell it as it is and we let our football do the talking.

This massive cloud of doom has been lifted, and win or lose, we are going to enjoy supporting this team again.

And those arrogant chops across the park (yes Mane the diver and Trent the Bitch, I'm looking at you) better watch out when the FA Cup rolls around AND when they come to GP because revenge is going to be oh so sweet.

I genuinely wish I could control my brain enough to join you in being this deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.