Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't make sense to me. At a time when Russian Oligarch's are doing their best to remove money from the UK after the fall out from the Skripal case and the US Sanctions. Why would Usmanov invest very publicly in Everton.
He's just waiting for Brexit to get sorted and for Trump to be impeached - then its all on

Irrelevant as he has Russian citizenship. He's a Russian Oligarch by definition.
The original message concerned Russian Oligarchs and them not investing. One of those Oligarchs met the present Prime Minister alone in his Castle in Italy and who bought an English Daily newspaper and is in the process of buying another. Their not going anywhere.

The original message concerned Russian Oligarchs and them not investing. One of those Oligarchs met the present Prime Minister alone in his Castle in Italy and who bought an English Daily newspaper and is in the process of buying another. Their not going anywhere.

I don't doubt Oligarchs contribute to the political parties coffers but the certainty that their assets in the UK are secure is as clear as mud. To suggest that their assets are secure is based on pure speculation.

The pundits on a football show we get here in Melbourne, ESPN FC, were talking about Arsenal's woes and one of it's problems was claimed
to be a lack of money for new players. How can a club be short of funds with Usmanov on board, and if it is how could he be of any real help
to Everton?
The question may sound naïve, but I really don't understand it.

The pundits on a football show we get here in Melbourne, ESPN FC, were talking about Arsenal's woes and one of it's problems was claimed
to be a lack of money for new players. How can a club be short of funds with Usmanov on board, and if it is how could he be of any real help
to Everton?

I'm not sure Usmanov is in any way involved at Arsenal anymore?

I'm not sure Usmanov is in any way involved at Arsenal anymore?

He isn't.

That's why he's 'about to join the Everton board' every couple of months.

I believe that Stan Kroenke has more or less full control of Arsenal and that their fans were disappointed when Usmanov sold his shares.

Yeah from memory couldnt get Kroenke to sell his shares and therefore serious investment couldnt be made without having the percentage of ownership required to be deemed owner/majority shareholder (something along those lines)

to Everton?

Kroenke wouldn't allow Usmanov and Moshiri on the board because he didn't like Usmanov, it was a stand off between them, both wanting full control of Arsenal, so Moshiri sold his shares to Usmanov and came to Everton, a bit later on Usmanov sold his to Kroenke so has nothing to do with Arsenal anymore, the rumours always been that Usmanov is the one involved in Everton through Moshiri and will come in officially when planning permission is granted for the new stadium, hopefully that's true as we really need the fellas dosh

Kroenke wouldn't allow Usmanov and Moshiri on the board because he didn't like Usmanov, it was a stand off between them, both wanting full control of Arsenal, so Moshiri sold his shares to Usmanov and came to Everton, a bit later on Usmanov sold his to Kroenke so has nothing to do with Arsenal anymore, the rumours always been that Usmanov is the one involved in Everton through Moshiri and will come in officially when planning permission is granted for the new stadium, hopefully that's true as we really need the fellas dosh
So, let's hope planning permission comes through quickly. I still don't think Everton will be relegated but if we were new investors might have
second thoughts.

Yes it's about as obvious as he can be really. When is this from?

Its from here, in the same interview he almost explains why he will stay in the shadows.

He added: "In Britain, sports are too political, so to speak, a sphere. There's a tremendous strain today in general in business. Therefore it is not known."

As I say, its not even up for dispute at this point.

This post was brought to by our partners USM and Megafon.

Status
Not open for further replies.