Silva sacked - Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Walker was worse in all my years as an Evertonian.

Woeful at pretty much every attribute needed to manage at this level, but the thing that stands out for me more than anything, is you watch the 90 minutes and you’re literally confused what we are trying to do, what system we are playing, what our game plan is.

Complete loss of identity since he’s been at the club.

The damage has been done though I reckon. I fear we’ll lose some big names in the summer even if we manage to stay up.

Maybe the board had no choice but to sack him. I think he really loved this football club and have never doubted his commitment. I also don’t think he is a poor coach unlike some on here but there are elements of his tactics in game which leave a lot to be desired. But I honestly think he must have ran over a black cat during the summer break. Nearly every marginal game this season has gone against us as well as some costly decisions. Injuries haven’t helped either. What I will say is we need a proven midfielder or two, a centre half and maybe a striker in January regardless of what coach we get in. I’m more worried that the board haven’t got a clue who to appoint. They should allow brands to do this but I have a feeling Bill is in Moshiri’s ear and we will end up with Moyes on a long contract. I don’t believe in 2nd honeymoons I didn’t go well for Howard although I’m eternally grateful to him for keeping us up 3rd time around

Sad day for our club. To think that only six months ago we ended the season with relative promise.

I'm pretty ambivalent about Silva to be honest, he has been dealt a massive amount of bad luck this season, Koeman did significantly more damage to this club than what Silva ever did.

Instability is never good for a football club, and sadly we're currently following the same template as the likes of Blackburn, Aston Villa and Sunderland before they tumbled down. It's absolutely critical the board gets the next managerial appointment right.

Status
Not open for further replies.