2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moyes is appointed it clearly shows he's being undermined in the top level and this where the problem lies, If we aren't giving everything to Brands to have the final say then it's pointless. Brands would never consider Moyes.
If Moyes is appointed long term, I absolutely agree. But if Moyes is appointed just until the end of the season I think its a very different matter. That would be astute, a stop gap until you can get the top manager you covet in the summer, and one who can drop right in, can have good success in the league and knows the club. I think it all depends on if Brands man is available now or if he wont be available for another 6 months.

If Moyes is appointed long term, I absolutely agree. But if Moyes is appointed just until the end of the season I think its a very different matter. That would be astute, a stop gap until you can get the top manager you covet in the summer, and one who can drop right in, can have good success in the league and knows the club. I think it all depends on if Brands man is available now or if he wont be available for another 6 months.

But why would Moyes be good for that? This is the stumbling block for me.

Watch that "tactical masterclass" video of his on youtube and just think what the top or even mid table teams would to do to that set up.

He managed to take a championship winning side and tank them and he's been rubbish everywhere since.

If we are supposed to be building a long term, sustainable project here I just dont get where the day before yeaterdays man fits in.

But I remain confident it wont happen.

Cant believe how lightly Brands is getting away with things. Silva had this team playing well towards the end of last season, defending well and looking like just being short a decent striker of a top 7 team.

Clearly losing Gueye was a massive blow and he was desperate to go to PSG, but putting that aside;

Brands failed to buy a decent striker
Brands failed to keep Zouma
Brands plan B was to try and buy Marcus Rojo with a few hours of deadline day to go - it failed
Brands let 3 CB's go without replacing any of them

Cant believe how lightly Brands is getting away with things. Silva had this team playing well towards the end of last season, defending well and looking like just being short a decent striker of a top 7 team.

Clearly losing Gueye was a massive blow and he was desperate to go to PSG, but putting that aside;

Brands failed to buy a decent striker
Brands failed to keep Zouma
Brands plan B was to try and buy Marcus Rojo with a few hours of deadline day to go - it failed
Brands let 3 CB's go without replacing any of them

Waste of time getting defenders if your manager can't get them to defend.

FFS, you think this feller is his own man still...AND capable of getting a top manager in.

Does Brands actually have any experience in appointing managers? Is he supposed to be the master of appointing managers now as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.