2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
....none of us know what’s going on inside the club, Silva will point to injuries to Gbamin and Gomes, the failure to bring in a Zouma-like replacement and the failure of Kean to make an impact.

The Board probably remember the Unsworth debacle and might not see an effective ‘caretaker’ within the club. They would prefer Silva to turn things around whilst debating and sounding out a replacement.

Personally, I’d like to see him a bit more passionate about games. I’d like to see him complain about decisions and argue with the opposition manager rather than have the same demeanour as Michael Keane.
He can point to injuries and not signing a centre half as much as he likes. That still doesn't excuse getting beat at home to Sheff Utd and Norwich and most of the other poor performances we've had this season.

....none of us know what’s going on inside the club, Silva will point to injuries to Gbamin and Gomes, the failure to bring in a Zouma-like replacement and the failure of Kean to make an impact.

The Board probably remember the Unsworth debacle and might not see an effective ‘caretaker’ within the club. They would prefer Silva to turn things around whilst debating and sounding out a replacement.

Personally, I’d like to see him a bit more passionate about games. I’d like to see him complain about decisions and argue with the opposition manager rather than have the same demeanour as Michael Keane.

this is my main problem with him, he’s dour, passionless and looks as though he couldn’t inspire anybody.

when you add that to the terrible form, pathetic tactics, bad substitutions, it’s hard to see how he’s ever going to change.

file under “out of his depth”

Draw tonight. Win Saturday. over 20pts by New Year’s Day. 45-50pts by end of season. New manager only in the summer. Enjoyable 2020/2021 season. Make it so

I hope so mate although it is more likely to be lose tonight, manager sacked before the weekend, nobody lined up to replace, mediocre panic buy manager and god knows how many points by xmas or the end of the season.

this is my main problem with him, he’s dour, passionless and looks as though he couldn’t inspire anybody.

when you add that to the terrible form, pathetic tactics, bad substitutions, it’s hard to see how he’s ever going to change.

file under “out of his depth”
He is definitely dour but he does argue with officials throughout the games

Pound to a penny they won't sack him. Just dither a whole lot more.

Wouldn't surprise me with our horizontal board mate but i do think there is a strong chance that he will get sacked tonight or tomorrow if we get beaten tonight. Can't see them dithering for much longer. Something has to give in the end.

Is Oumar actually registered on the PL squad this season?
Haven’t a clue, as much as people knock him even if he improved a lot he would never get a chance. His card was marked before Silva came here. But he was classed as good enough to be signed on loan for hull by silva and performed fairly well. Tbh there’s more chance of him getting a goal than Tosun or DCL.

Haven’t a clue, as much as people knock him even if he improved a lot he would never get a chance. His card was marked before Silva came here. But he was classed as good enough to be signed on loan for hull by silva and performed fairly well. Tbh there’s more chance of him getting a goal than Tosun or DCL.

I don’t think he is in the squad...which is a crying shame as he is no worse than DCL and Tosun IMO.

I'm on board for this. But it should be that way all through the next month. If he makes through both away derbies undefeated and untied, then he can keep it till the end of the year. Would balance out all the bottom table losses.
Either a turning point or an exclamation mark

Status
Not open for further replies.