It was all supposed to be so different....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich owner, new manager, new ground, owning the Liver Building, spending hundreds of millions on players, and we end up here...as much as I try I just cannot fathom it.........

I tried to warn people at the time just to be happy with the hope that we would be top class as that might be as good as it gets. So far I haven't seen much to change my mind, although I'm still hopeful that at somepoint our luck will change before Moshiri gets bored.

We have got to stop bringing in so many new players each season, it should have been evolution, not revolution. One or two top players per year to replace the weakest links. We have no 'Team' they are just well paid footballers doing a job, or put in another way, mercenaries. And we wonder why we are where we are.

It must be my age but I didn't expect much different.

The only 2 game changers over the Prem years have been Roman and Mansoor the rest have been mostly unmitigated disasters with only John Henry and co making progress via Klopp and a big stand. Similar analysis dampens my enthusiasm for BMD as historically clubs building new footie stadiums always turn to cack.

Was I dreaming when Liverpool reappointed Dalglish?

Yeah they hired a former successful member of their club who has had a lucrative career as player and manager on a short term basis.

As opposed to us looking to appoint a former manager who’s highest achievement was taking us to an FA Cup final and has been sacked from every other job he’s been at since his departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.