January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Giroud is a great player, but honestly and im aware this shout wont be widely agreed with, but I would much rather give DCL and Kean the game time.

Short term band-aids arent what we need.
I agree to an extent, Kean needs more games and DCL is always an option. But if our third striker wasn't Tosun and say Giroud instead that would take the burden and pressure off them as they learn their trade in this league. We currently have no scorer beyond Richarlison.

I think the re-emergence of Holgate takes away the need for a centre back in January. The injuries to Gbamin and more specifically Gomes should have us in for a midfielder, but I don't see that happening with all of Delph, Davies and Schneiderlin on the books. Just really wish we didn't go in for Delph, was a completely unnecessary signing. On the wings we're fine, but we desperately, still, need a goalscorer. But again, while Tosun and Niasse are still at the club earning big money, I don't see that happening. We need to shed ourselves of Schneiderlin, Tosun and Niasse and spend 50m to get a striker and midfielder in for now and the future. Won't happen though.

I think the re-emergence of Holgate takes away the need for a centre back in January. The injuries to Gbamin and more specifically Gomes should have us in for a midfielder, but I don't see that happening with all of Delph, Davies and Schneiderlin on the books. Just really wish we didn't go in for Delph, was a completely unnecessary signing. On the wings we're fine, but we desperately, still, need a goalscorer. But again, while Tosun and Niasse are still at the club earning big money, I don't see that happening. We need to shed ourselves of Schneiderlin, Tosun and Niasse and spend 50m to get a striker and midfielder in for now and the future. Won't happen though.

Still need a body at CB considering Gibson, who probably should be fourth choice, is about as far away from the first team bench as most of us are.

Status
Not open for further replies.