New Everton Stadium Discussion

these are the guidelines on whether projects are 'called in', a power that is used sparingly and the current climate is to not get involved.
  • Are considered nationally significant.
  • Are in conflict with government policy.
  • Have a significant long-term impact on economic growth.
  • Have significant effects beyond their immediate locality.
  • Are controversial.
  • Raise significant architectural and urban design issues.
  • Involve national security or foreign governments.

I can only see the penultimate one as anything near being objectionable so I can't see it being called in.

these are the guidelines on whether projects are 'called in', a power that is used sparingly and the current climate is to not get involved.
  • Are considered nationally significant.
  • Are in conflict with government policy.
  • Have a significant long-term impact on economic growth.
  • Have significant effects beyond their immediate locality.
  • Are controversial.
  • Raise significant architectural and urban design issues.
  • Involve national security or foreign governments.

I can only see the penultimate one as anything near being objectionable so I can't see it being called in.
"Are controversial"

Objectionable says Jeff from West Derby.

Well it's at least good to know that you personally have your eyes wide open on this scheme.

I take your point about the length of the process and that there wont be any short-cut, time-wise.

However, I must say to you that those other projects you mention you've been involved in are different to this one in one important respect: they either get built or they dont; there's a pay off or there's wasted finances finding out that they wont fly. Zero sum game. But with Everton and their stadium scheme's there's one other factor involved: it isn't a zero sum game, because the very act of setting in motion a 3/4/5 year scheme is a political act in that, even if the stadium scheme goes west, it can provide a service to the owners of the club who in that period of time will be handed a wide berth in terms of their own personal impact on the club as a competitive force. Let's call it a virtuous spin-off.

If the club have spent out cash on land at this point and professional consultancy fees, it'll have been money well spent as far as the owner is concerned. Just look how much this regime and previous ownership regimes have gotten away with over the last 10-15 years.

Experience tells me that this BMD scheme is a classic Everton ownership stunt. Are they serious about it? Yes. But only if they get the stadium paid for and built with other people's cash. It's a methodology that's led to failure after failure and it will do so again.
Dave Everything is built with other peoples cash, from me buying a 2 up 2 down in the early 70s for £3,500 to a $350billion dam project in china.

I'm still struggling to understand the desire for a new, modern stadium offering enhanced viewing experience. What i love about Goodison is that it has so many obstructed views...this is a blessing when watching our team of brave lion hearts strut their stuff. Why people want to watch eye-bleeding displays without being able to take cover behind view-blocking hefty pillars and stanchions etc is beyond me.

Has a pandemic of masochism struck L4??

look on the bright side you can take a hop, skip and a jump into the Mersey.

So it should be easy to get the finances together for Everton....oh, wait....
I never said it was easy, just that everything is built with other peoples money.
There's always hoops to jump through, risks to assess - on both sides.
Kenwright is a small fish in the £600M. Finance world
Moshiri will, hopefully, know better which buttons to push.
In a league awash with money, surely a billionaire accountant should know the cries.
But this is Everton, so it will go down to the wire.
If you don't want it, can I have your seat for the first league game. I'll fly over for Aug 2024.

I never said it was easy, just that everything is built with other peoples money.
In a league awash with money, surely a billionaire accountant should know the cries.
If you don't want it, can I have your seat for the first league game. I'll fly over for Aug 2024.
It'll be nice to sit on the dock feeding the gulls.

It's not just 'not easy', it's 'challenging'...which is code for: 'we cant get the credit'.

Everton are a bad risk for a £600M stadium. The other two feasible stadium schemes had a lot of the heavy financial lifting carried out by partners.

There's no way Everton can do, for example, what Spurs did.

It's not just 'not easy', it's 'challenging'...which is code for: 'we cant get the credit'.

Everton are a bad risk for a £600M stadium. The other two feasible stadium schemes had a lot of the heavy financial lifting carried out by partners.

There's no way Everton can do, for example, what Spurs did.
So thats a yes on the seat thing then

Can’t we have a bullet train like in Japan to Lime street or Pier head?
Barcelona’s ground is quite a way outside the city yet you can be back in the centre 10 mins after the game has finished.