Match Thread Southampton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

On bus home. Well deserved win. Totally dominated the game without being clinical. Would have been typical of the season had
We not taken three points. Great support and nice to see the full squad coming over at full time after a up and down few weeks. For once we got it right on and off the pitch

Voted for Walcott, second time I've done that recently despite generally thinking he's awful, only lad trying anything in that difficult period in the second half.I was staggered when he was subbed off.
Same with the Spurs game, where although he was tiring, he was putting a shift in more than most and was stretching their defence. He’s improved a lot recently.

Yes!!!! Get in their blues. The one fecking game I fell asleep for and didnt set an alarm at 2am. Great result. The league is crazy this year, 3 points off 5th as it stands.

On bus home. Well deserved win. Totally dominated the game without being clinical. Would have been typical of the season had
We not taken three points. Great support and nice to see the full squad coming over at full time after a up and down few weeks. For once we got it right on and off the pitch
Well done Gaffa

We are at home against Leicester mate.

Edit - just realisedd you meant the league game and not the cup game, apologies mate.

The home game is in the middle of one horrendous run of fixtures. We will have to see how we are doing at that point but I cant see Goodison accepting sitting back in a quarter final.

Thing is, if Everton beat Norwich and then get a shock result against Leicester (but ifs I know), we would be right back in the mix for a European place... just have to pray we have a similar run as last season against the big sides.

Much needed. So much of the ball and chances but im still concerned we cant put games to bed. This should have been over by half time.
Norwich next week. Got to get 6 points from the two bottom sides at least.
If only we could finish.

We desperately need a striker who can slot

DCL Tosun Niasse Kean as a strike force and we will continue to struggle to see out games

Spot on. Should have been out of sight in that first half. Haven't seen a team play as badly as Southampton did, but we didn't punish them and then they equalised.

We are fragile at the back from set pieces and toothless in attack. We do have enough individual quality to scrape wins I think, certainly with the improved effort and energy we saw today. But I can't see how we're going to accomplish anything unless something changes massively at both ends of the pitch.
Yep they probably have been the worst opposition so far this season, but there have been many contenders for that label -- not least Sheffield Utd who I thought were absolutely awful and devoid of ideas but still beat us through their only two attacks!

First half was so one-sided I actually think it was discombobulating for Everton. There wasn’t a great deal of opposition fight. Usually Everton have to earn the right to be in a game and then go from there. Today it became easy quite quickly but I don’t think the players quite expected it. It should never have been 1-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.