2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game has gone. Refs are biased, Var is biased towards big clubs, the FA the premier league. The reason we get hammered is because it's easy to punish us because the club takes it.

if its so balck and white , then why have the FA turned the red card over .. ??
My best guess is he was injured by the fall not the impact so they've decided that Son isn't at fault even though his blatant foul with no attempt to play the ball caused that fall. To me that means he is still responsible but I guess when you play for certain clubs you can get away with it.

Sorry for having to post a video of this weapon but he's talking about a tackle that left Salah out for 1 game I wish our manager had even half the balls Klop has when it comes to defending his players and criticising others. Dangerous tackle red card end of.

Klopp would have probably butted Son out. In comparison Marco invited him to see if he wanted to have a free hit on the tea lady also to stop him from crying.

Perhaps it’s not okay for me to use it. I’ll take it under advisement and be mindful how I use the phrase “innocuous challenge” in future.

I grew up on the likes of John Motson, Tony Gubba and Barry Davies using that phrase during commentary every week.

They would have said innocuous challenge but that would have been for tackles where players were going in for the ball and minimal contact might have caused an injury. Not for challenges like Son when he has specifically just tried to do Gomes. I guesstimate if he could have kept up enough he would have made larger contact with a swinging leg, which inversely would have likely caused less injury in this case.

You and I obviously watched different incidents. Don't care about Spurs or Son,but if referees change a card because of the injury outcome of a tackle then there has been a change in the laws of the game which along with VAR will finally ruin the game I used to love.

Hate VAR as much as anyone, nothing like I imagined, yes we must have watched a different game, Son is a good player, who I enjoy watching.
That does not change the fact that was a bad challenge, with no intent to get the ball, in my view, he had no chance of getting the ball, with a lunge from behind with studs up.

What's made me more angry is that Spurs had the cheek to appeal, lack of humility and respect for Gomes. That's my fi nal word on the subject, think what you like.

I can remember back in the day when there was no such thing as slow motion replays. Now we have multi view ultra high definition super slow motion footage available of every incident in a game, and still the referees and FA officials cannot agree on a decision.

As for poor Andre. If you glanced at some of the headlines today you would think it was a Tottenham player who had the horrible injury. There was only one victim in this and he was wearing a blue shirt.

I can remember back in the day when there was no such thing as slow motion replays. Now we have multi view ultra high definition super slow motion footage available of every incident in a game, and still the referees and FA officials cannot agree on a decision.

As for poor Andre. If you glanced at some of the headlines today you would think it was a Tottenham player who had the horrible injury. There was only one victim in this and he was wearing a blue shirt.

football is unlike any other sport , it is a complete grey area , there are hardly ANY black and white incidents ..

the use of VAR just muddies the waters ..

goal line technology and that is it .

the rest should be up to , the ref and his linesman ...

I mean, are you kidding me? I’m not even that arsed about his challenge, but did they really have the nerve to rescind it? Did the FA really just comply? Might as well just make an announcement and say you crooks are paid for by the top sides. Despicable

That is actually after the initial contact from Son's leading left boot .Its the right that does the damage as he's far from in control.
Either way Red card...there should be no debate.

From what I surmised from watching it, albeit on a limited number of occasions (it's not something I particularly want to see again), the damage was not caused by the impact Son applied to Gomes as you suggest - it came after as Son's challenge sent Gomes flying into Aurier who was steaming in from the other side, that's when the break occurred.

Unfortunately there is a debate (rightly or wrongly) because 999 times out of 1,000 - that kind of challenge by Son will cause no further damage than getting a bit of mud on Gomes' shorts. On this truly unfortunate occasion, the challenge sent Gomes clattering into a player steaming in from another direction which caused the break.

The debate here, and I think it's one that needs to be had, is that if you cause a serious injury to a fellow professional with a petulant, but not malicious, foul - should what would normally be considered a cut and dry yellow card be upgraded to red? What the FA have decided, and subsequently set the precedent for, is that a yellow card worthy challenge that is the catalyst for a serious injury is still only a yellow card worthy challenge. Remember, until Martin Atkinson saw the extent of the injury, he pulled a yellow card out. I can guarantee you that not a single referee in the league would have sent Son off had there been no injury to Gomes.

Having said that, since this precedent has now been laid down, if something like this ever happens again then the same rules need to be applied - otherwise it will be yet another example of Everton being shafted like with the first ever retrospective diving ban for Niasse and the first ever retrospective VAR penalty on Keane.

If that's Mo Salahs ankle the wrong way round, no way the red card is rescinded, end off.

not because of the challenge but because the whole club , manager, fans and players would be allover social media and in the papers claiming that these tackles need to be stopped and players need bans, big lengthy bans to stop it happening again.

Evertons hierarchy have said NADA, Nothing, which inturn makes our noisy fans look daft , chasing a lost cause on behalf of the club.

Having said that, since this precedent has now been laid down, if something like this ever happens again then the same rules need to be applied - otherwise it will be yet another example of Everton being shafted like with the first ever retrospective diving ban for Niasse and the first ever retrospective VAR penalty on Keane.

Where was the Son retrospective diving ban during his simulation reaction with Mina?

Where was the Son retrospective diving ban during his simulation reaction with Mina?

As far as I'm aware, the retrospective diving ban has been abolished due to the introduction of VAR, which is supposed to give mandatory yellow cards to players if they think try to deceive the match official.

Had Son been booked for that dive as you say though, he may have thought twice about taking Gomes out...

Status
Not open for further replies.