Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Spurs pal in the soft south reckons anyone can beat his lot right now. That's his usual tactic for face-saving if, indeed, we do manage a win.

So I'm going for a 3-3 draw. Looking forward to the game actually.

yes, I enjoy the lateral 'cerebrals' that cryptics engage...best of luck with your Big Dave gig.
I was the resident compiler for the local paper for six years but stopped as they didn't have a crossword editor to keep me on my toes. That was eight years ago and I had got a bit rusty since. I've already had one cryptic published on Big Dave (pseudonym Dumber because the MENSA magazine asked if I could dumb my clues down a bit for them!) but my second puzzle includes a couple of my favourite clues, one of which won a Guardian Unlimited clue-writing competition years ago - Yep, it'll stick plastic instantly (7-5) and another that is too easy for regular solvers but has a good surface reading - Sailors in the drink (8)

It was suggested I change my pseudonym so I dropped the D and am now Umber.

All you lads posting for an Everton win week in and week out, despite the cacky performances... if only the players had your enthusiasm!
We can only hope that we win. Hope that we can turn a corner. And yes as you say the football is cack. But we ( i ) cannot post that I want us beat. We may as well hope that we win. Even if it means Silva keeps his job.
Because our dithery board aren't sacking him anyhow. No matter how awful the football is. At least not until we hit rock bottom. And that might be too late.

We can only hope that we win. Hope that we can turn a corner. And yes as you say the football is cack. But we ( i ) cannot post that I want us beat. We may as well hope that we win. Even if it means Silva keeps his job.
Because our dithery board aren't sacking him anyhow. No matter how awful the football is. At least not until we hit rock bottom. And that might be too late.
Second from bottom is my rock bottom; time for David...

Status
Not open for further replies.