2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson basically tried to improve his all round game so he could hold the ball up and link play.

The united fans wondered what they had bought...he kept missing chances and seemed like Brett Angell.

I wonder if hes got Kean learning how to hold the ball up and link play in training...then giving him minutes where he can.

Again, you're comparing Silva to Ferguson. Where has Silva ever displayed thinking of developing players like that?

This thought process is completely absurd. It's wanting to see a plan that doesn't exist.

.....we all want him to do well but he continues to disappoint. If it was tactical, I thought the half-time substitution was brave and correct. No excuses, Kean needs to grab his chance when he gets it. Remember the 10 two-letter word sentence;

’If it is to be, it is up to me.’

“He’s 19 and in a foreign country”

What an utterly horrendous excuse that is to account for the performances of a £30m International Footballer.

Bottom line: He MUST do better when he’s given the chances.

Silva gave him a go in a position not alien or unfamiliar to him. The best players adapt and are able to play multiple positions in multiple systems.

He was rightly hooked at HT and Walcott came on and completely changed the game just by putting himself about a bit. Good call by Silva and Kean has to learn from it.

It doesn’t mean we aren’t supporting him to say he must do better.

Treated extremely poorly by Marco and the club again last night.

Ah well, a poor draw on Thursday morning and defeat at the weekend and it'll be more Kean, no more Marco, and that's fine.

“He’s 19 and in a foreign country”

What an utterly horrendous excuse that is to account for the performances of a £30m International Footballer.

Bottom line: He MUST do better when he’s given the chances.

Silva gave him a go in a position not alien or unfamiliar to him. The best players adapt and are able to play multiple positions in multiple systems.

He was rightly hooked at HT and Walcott came on and completely changed the game just by putting himself about a bit. Good call by Silva and Kean has to learn from it.

It doesn’t mean we aren’t supporting him to say he must do better.

What about “he’s not a right sided midfielder in a 4-5-1”, is that a good enough excuse?

People know he’s not a winger yeah?

The idea that performance was inevitable because he was played out wide last night is wrong. Maybe he´d have shown something then you could say he deserves a chance through the middle but he just looked lost. I don´t think it would have been any different if he´d been played through the middle.

The idea that performance was inevitable because he was played out wide last night is wrong. Maybe he´d have shown something then you could say he deserves a chance through the middle but he just looked lost. I don´t think it would have been any different if he´d been played through the middle.
Seems logical. Play someone out of position to see if they're good enough to play in their actual position.

Although I think Silva messed up last night, sitting in TB, Coleman was also on his back all evening which won’t have done anything for his confidence either

What about “he’s not a right sided midfielder in a 4-5-1”, is that a good enough excuse?

Not for his 1st half performance yesterday, no.

No it’s not.

Asking a striker to play from the right is like asking a CB to shift across to RB. You’re not expecting a match winning performance but put a shift in, do the basics and help the team.

He was too static so barely saw the ball. When he did get it, his touch was poor, he lacked composure with the half chance he did have and I’ve seen quite a few mention his fitness potentially being an issue too, he looked like he was going to bring his lung up before HT.

As always when we sign players and they don´t perform the excuse that the set up isn´t right for them gets wheeled out. He´s had chances through the middle we and we´ve had had people saying he needs to be in a 4 4 2. Right now, I would bet wherever he is played he is going to struggle. That´s fine, he´s a young lad learning his way in the English game.

.....we all want him to do well but he continues to disappoint. If it was tactical, I thought the half-time substitution was brave and correct. No excuses, Kean needs to grab his chance when he gets it. Remember the 10 two-letter word sentence;

’If it is to be, it is up to me.’
As others have said, putting a player out of position and only offering them rare chances before scapegoating them is not the way the likes of Kean should be treated.

It annoys me no end (not aimed at you mate) , when new players get barely a sniff in the team and then everyone makes their mind up on them based on nothing.

I don't believe this take your chance idea is applicable anymore, certainly not at this club. Out of position , late sub, losing team etc that's not the scenario to prove yourself. Same as klassen, Sandro, vlasic before him

Given also the climate seems to venture towards we are about to sack another manager. Any new man coming in would probably build his team around Kean. Silva has him third choice and when he does get a chance it's nowhere near where he needs to play.

Not for his 1st half performance yesterday, no.

No it’s not.

Asking a striker to play from the right is like asking a CB to shift across to RB. You’re not expecting a match winning performance but put a shift in, do the basics and help the team.

He was too static so barely saw the ball. When he did get it, his touch was poor, he lacked composure with the half chance he did have and I’ve seen quite a few mention his fitness potentially being an issue too, he looked like he was going to bring his lung up before HT.

Agree with this. It´s not like you´re punting Duncan Ferguson to the wing either. Kean should obviously have the capability to play there. I am pretty sure that every game he played for Juventus wasn´t as the central striker either.

Congrats, lads... on buying another dud...
Surely he will do good...but not here and now when it matters the most...

Status
Not open for further replies.