Homepage Article Primal Scream Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is phrase which is often used by authorities when a rule has been stretched to its limit without quite being broken it is referred to as being ‘against the spirit of the game’ and being found to have acted thus can result in official admonition or even punishment.
For me this penalty decision means the authorities themselves have acted ‘against the spirit of the game’ , and not for the first time since VAR has been introduced either.
I have already come to believe that VAR is a poor idea being poorly administered. This decision merely reinforces my growing antipathy to its continued use.
It’s an aberration that should be removed as soon as possible from our sport.

There is phrase which is often used by authorities when a rule has been stretched to its limit without quite being broken it is referred to as being ‘against the spirit of the game’ and being found to have acted thus can result in official admonition or even punishment.
For me this penalty decision means the authorities themselves have acted ‘against the spirit of the game’ , and not for the first time since VAR has been introduced either.
I have already come to believe that VAR is a poor idea being poorly administered. This decision merely reinforces my growing antipathy to its continued use.
It’s an aberration that should be removed as soon as possible from our sport.
For starters, it isn't going to be. Unless you mean just the EPL but surely you know football isn't England's sport. It's never been more global.

So it becomes a case of both recognizing that it's here to stay, but also ensuring it's implemented and used properly. The EPL is a disaster with this. VAR works when applied properly. It's not being applied properly in the EPL.

For starters, it isn't going to be. Unless you mean just the EPL but surely you know football isn't England's sport. It's never been more global.

So it becomes a case of both recognizing that it's here to stay, but also ensuring it's implemented and used properly. The EPL is a disaster with this. VAR works when applied properly. It's not being applied properly in the EPL.
You're right. VAR isn't the issue - it's the way it's being used to manipulate results so the brands stay top for tv revenue.

Can everyone just stop referring to VAR like its a sentient being. It's just a guy looking at a tv screen with his own interpretations of what happened? He is just a tv ref!

Can everyone just stop referring to VAR like its a sentient being. It's just a guy looking at a tv screen with his own interpretations of what happened? He is just a tv ref!
It stands for Video Assistant Referee, so it also describes the human being watching the "tv screen." I guess you could call that a TV ref if you wanted.

Personally I think we will win against Watford, hopefully anyway!

It was a horrible way to lose but we can’t feel sorry for ourselves otherwise it’s pointless and may as well give up.

My other main disappointment apart from the pen decision was not seeing the game out , the pen was to make it 2-2 and I was hoping it would anger the players enough to take the game to them and even win it.

I think Silva is a goner. Not helping himself at all with those ridiculous changes.
Anyhow, I'm resigned to the fact that we're absolutely useless.

If we’re staring down the barrel of the second coming of the Moyesiah, then I fervently hope that Silva gets his [Poor language removed] together

It stands for Video Assistant Referee, so it also describes the human being watching the "tv screen." I guess you could call that a TV ref if you wanted.
Sort of missed my point. When reading match reports they always refer it as a system when its really not.

Status
Not open for further replies.