2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats spot on really. I believe they are about the same age too. I think Rice looks like he might be having the sort of season Davies had over the last 2, where he is a bit found out by sides. I was quite underwhelmed with him today.
Rice will develop into a really good player.
Been hearing this for 2 years, 80 million plus. Gotta say I'm missing something.

I think they can both be starters for England.

Rice seems a bit 'intellectually challenged' whereas Davies seems a bit 'alternative'.

Rice reminds me a bit of Barkley, not in his play but in interviews etc

I reckon Davies playing the DM role for England has really helped him positionally and weve been working on his game in training.

Davies, Gbamin and Gomes for me going forward.

I've constantly defended him, and I'm glad that yesterday's performance has proven that he still has a role to play.

Regardless of whatever you think about him, he does keep the ball moving and always looks to play a forward pass.

I don't think there's a player at our club with as much desire to play in the royal blue than him.

My mate Tom.

He was as big a reason for that performance yesterday as Gylfi not being in the starting line-up was.

It's his dynamism. Something we've lacked big time since we sold Gana.

The problem is consistency.

Oh Captain my Captain.

It's only one game but it showed he has the quality for the league and he just needs experience and a bit of polishing.

I've always had faith he can go onto be Everton captain on a permanent basis (vault away) and I'm pinning all my hopes on him.

Mind you I did put 5 quid every single game one season for Nuno Valente to score the first goal and I can't even remember him having a shot in any game so my judgement has been known to fluctuate on occasion.

He'll probably be dropped or play diabolically bad next game but such is life.

I want a boss scouse Everton midfielder to captain us to glory. No pressure Tom, we're all counting on you.

He was as big a reason for that performance yesterday as Gylfi not being in the starting line-up was.

It's his dynamism. Something we've lacked big time since we sold Gana.

The problem is consistency.
It's hard for him to get consistent when he isn't in the team long enough, I'd love to see how many games he's started under the past 3 managers in consecutive games.

I agree with a few previous posts.

He was granted a chance yesterday, and he took it.

It's all down to himself now, he has to perform to that standard consistently.

Dare I say it because I absolutely detest Henderson but Davies plays a bit like Henderson and he's not had a bad career has he.

I like Davies, always have. He plays with confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.