Homepage Article It’s our fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any defeats are acceptable! But I'm not going to isolate 4 games over the next 5 years. I do not think Silva is without fault, far from it, but we still have yet to field a healthy midfield and truth be told have no other options in the defense our midfield right now. Now if he continues to insist on the same XI, in the same formation, deploying the same tactics, I'm with you. It's not acceptable.

Start with dropping Gylfi that turd.

The mitigation concerning his midfield options is the only reason im not demanding he be sacked hourly like most.

I mean I would still sack him, but I can see why he hasnt been sacked.

The mitigation concerning his midfield options is the only reason im not demanding he be sacked hourly like most.

I mean I would still sack him, but I can see why he hasnt been sacked.
I will say this, if we lose to Watford in the Carabao, it'll be tough for even his staunchest supporters to defend.

I remember the days of when fans wanted Howard Kendall sacked and the noise was far deafening than that of Silva's.

It must be remembered we are a club in transition and the first goal is to build a squad. We have a long way to go due to the amount of dross we have collected since Martinez was sacked.

I am not too concerned with short term results but place a huge emphasis on being successful for the future. We can only achieve that if our squad is strong enough which it isn't.

The Brands/Silva haven't bought badly and that is their main strength if we are to progress for the future. I want Everton in the Champions League and I couldn't care less if we finish six place every season. If some of our knee jerk fans want Everton to be a sacking club based on primitive instincts then I fear the club will never achieve its ambitions of the future.

I get all that but what’s the point in thinking long term when the team is in the relegation zone with a very difficult run of fixtures to come? I haven’t seen much from Silva that suggests he can have us consistently competing with the other teams in this league.

You could argue, perhaps unreasonably, that Brands/Silva have bought well, albeit they failed in the last window having failed to get a centre back, a number 10 and a goalscorer.

There’s one thing talking of primitive instincts but at the moment I’m thinking survival instinct.

I’d love Silva to have his Kevin Brock moment and I’d be delighted if it happened sooner rather than later.

Sacking a manager for four straight defeats is a knee jerk reaction. Particularly if the problem is the result of historic poor transfer dealings prior to Siva's appointment.
What about trying to solve the same way for 8 straight games with zero adjustments. Would that fall under knee jerk reaction?

just asking for a friend

I get all that but what’s the point in thinking long term when the team is in the relegation zone with a very difficult run of fixtures to come? I haven’t seen much from Silva that suggests he can have us consistently competing with the other teams in this league.

You could argue, perhaps unreasonably, that Brands/Silva have bought well, albeit they failed in the last window having failed to get a centre back, a number 10 and a goalscorer.

There’s one thing talking of primitive instincts but at the moment I’m thinking survival instinct.

I’d love Silva to have his Kevin Brock moment and I’d be delighted if it happened sooner rather than later.
What about trying to solve the same way for 8 straight games with zero adjustments. Would that fall under knee jerk reaction?

just asking for a friend

One of things I can't stand is the amount of negativity here.

We've got Gomes coming back. Not long to go for Gbamin. Transfer window in January. Yet all what you want to do is shout and hit the panic button. Learn to relax and see the bigger picture, jeez.

We've got Gomes coming back. Not long to go for Gbamin. Transfer window in January. Yet all what you want to do is shout and hit the panic button. Learn to relax and see the bigger picture, jeez.
You new here ?

oh come off it.

In truth you really think this clown is the answer moving forward towards this “BIG PICTURE” ?

Doom and gloom will continue with this clown in charge.

apparently you’re not familiar with team Brands vs team Silva in here either.

You can sell you’re big picture with Silva in it all you want, I’m just not interested.

You new here ?

oh come off it.

In truth you really think this clown is the answer moving forward towards this “BIG PICTURE” ?

Doom and gloom will continue with this clown in charge.

apparently you’re not familiar with team Brands vs team Silva in here either.

You can sell you’re big picture with Silva in it all you want, I’m just not interested.

Clearly asking for a friend was a lie.

To your point about negativity up until that last game I was all for hold the line keep pressing on. When that lineup was released with the same 4–2-3-1 and that fraud of midfielder, I was done.

Tell you what he comes out this week and plays anything other than 4-2-3-1and no schniderfraud, you won’t here nothing from me but stories of cupcakes, unicorns and rainbows.

with Gomez back odds are In your favor one of those things won’t happen.

It’s not you it’s Silva

To your point about negativity up until that last game I was all for hold the line keep pressing on. When that lineup was released with the same 4–2-3-1 and that fraud of midfielder, I was done.

Tell you what he comes out this week and plays anything other than 4-2-3-1and no schniderfraud, you won’t here nothing from me but stories of cupcakes, unicorns and rainbows.

It’s not you it’s Silva
we can easily use Gomes in multiple other formations; Gylfi? not so much

Clearly you’re familiar with sarcasm.

Yes, but there's a difference between sarcasm and telling lies. Now you are just lying to yourself that you weren't lying. The sarcasm excuse is a really poor attempt to cover up your lie.

It’s not you it’s Silva

I would imagine Silva likes to keep his tactical ideas for the future rather than revealing his hand now. Martinez push his full backs to cause overruns in the opposition area but they learnt how to negate this tactic. Hence why Martinez couldn't quite improve on his first season.

I think we can all agree there's tactical flexibility in the team. But this wasn't possible before until we bought players with pace and a goal scoring central defender under him. Let's also remember he has beaten teams in the top four so he's hardly a poor manager. A good investor, buying shares, look for long term value and doesn't panic at the first dip in share prices unless the fundamentals have changed. I can't see how the fundamentals have changed under Silva.

I'm not particularly bothered with your short-termism notions on how Evertion conduct its business.

Yes, but there's a difference between sarcasm and telling lies. Now you are just lying to yourself that you weren't lying. The sarcasm excuse is a really poor attempt to cover up your lie.

I would imagine Silva likes to keep his tactical ideas for the future rather than revealing his hand now. Martinez push his full backs to cause overruns in the opposition area but they learnt how to negate this tactic. Hence why Martinez couldn't quite improve on his first season.

I think we can all agree there's tactical flexibility in the team. But this wasn't possible before until we bought players with pace and a goal scoring central defender under him. Let's also remember he has beaten teams in the top four so he's hardly a poor manager. A good investor, buying shares, look for long term value and doesn't panic at the first dip in share prices unless the fundamentals have changed. I can't see how the fundamentals have changed under Silva.

I'm not particularly bothered with your short-termism notions on how Evertion conduct its business.
I’m negative, a liar. Got it. Thanks for the insight.

I’m going to push back.

There are always options with the squad we have including injuries. He sticks with the same.

shorttermism, not an actual word but I get your point.

I have a clear understanding of our long term view. Brands described it quite clearly when he came on board.

I understand it and I am excited about it.

young, talented, High fee, low wage

again, I love it.

I get You’re frustrated, we all are.

Just because I’m not on board with your big picture idea with Silva in it does not mean I have a “short-termisim” view point.

for what reason?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.