2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but you and I will not be able to pass the nuance to our British friends. Thinking I always despised militaristic/nationalist culture in the country, I feel not so willing. I know that Cenk is not enjoying while thinking his govt killing civilians beside any fighters (if that is happening) because he is not aware of such thing, he probably follows Turkish media and chatting to mostly Turkish friends. I don't think he is a fascist, he is just doing what random Turk in the street does, educated/westernised Turks like you/me can detect the misplaced stance from the outside perspective, but you can't expect that level of boldness from Cenk. Like him or loathe him, he is a mirror to his society, money doesn't make you intellectual

I am actually quite ashamed to bring all these issues to here, it is not the place nor should any Evertonians get involved in politics in some thousands of miles away region through Cenk. I guess that's what Erdogan brought us all in, drag everyone into a hairy situation where anyone standing against it automatically gets tagged as "traitor" due to circumstances and consolidate all the power while you are at it. Shame.

I never thought he'd achieve anything at Everton but now I want him gone even better more than Schneiderlein. And i have so much distain for him I haven't even bothered to learn how to spell his name.

He's a grown man with presumably enough mental capacity to make his own personal political actions.

If it was any business but football he'd be fired by his company in the morning. I only wish we could be able to be in that position.

Look, they're entitled to have their views as players and human beings and suppor their army. And we're entitled to call it the d*** move that it is.

Dunno what the club do. Literally every player in the squad did it, including the Leicester CB Soyuncu. Maybe it'll come down to a UEFA/Premier League ruling.

Ignore it, most likely, unless it becomes a bigger issue.

You know how this goes P.

Yeh, I mean, I don't know what the solution is, really.

I don't like it. It's not something I want to see our players do. But St Pauli have released Sahin due to safety concerns. They're actually still keeping him under contract, but they know their fans are mental. It's okay saying 'boss fans' as a poster did earlier in this thread but they're involved in one of the fiercest and most violent rivalries in world football, too.

I'm guessing Tosun has some explaining to do. As does Soyuncu when he gets back. But how do the clubs actually handle this? Sack the players, or educate them? Do they have a fair right of dismissal?

I've just written the report for the game and some subsequent reaction and genuinely didn't know what to think about it all. It's all a mess. Then dipping into the England stuff hasn't helped either, like. Mental. Just bin internationals off.

Look, they're entitled to have their views as players and human beings and suppor their army. And we're entitled to call it the d*** move that it is.

Dunno what the club do. Literally every player in the squad did it, including the Leicester CB Soyuncu. Maybe it'll come down to a UEFA/Premier League ruling.

Tell him privately that any repetition in a blue shirt will be a cause for disciplinary actions. Then let FIFA/UEFA do their thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.