2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things which goes underappreciated by many, is how much Kenwright values the traditions, history. You can always see his fingerprint on the tributes, the charity work, community stuff, a lot of it pioneering, but always generous and kind

I'm glad we have the new money, ambition, stadium, more competent, corporate leadership, I sure he doesn't have significant influence on major decisions, but I suspect the influence he does have is well placed

One of the things which goes underappreciated by many, is how much Kenwright values the traditions, history. You can always see his fingerprint on the tributes, the charity work, community stuff, a lot of it pioneering, but always generous and kind

I'm glad we have the new money, ambition, stadium, more competent, corporate leadership, I sure he doesn't have significant influence on major decisions, but I suspect the influence he does have is well placed

How can you say we have "more competent, corporate leadership"?

We must be the only club in history to gain a billionaire owner, spend £500m and actually get worse!

Inappropriate Language
Just thinking NTL deal, Kings Dock, among other things But I'm thinking more stadium, Brands, commercial competence etc. But certainly is a fair point on the pitch performance, dugout etc

Wouldn't dispute we've wasted shitloads, but City and Chelsea both jazzed some impressive numbers in the early days. If you've got the money, you can have another go until it works

Well said. Although his time was potless, he did keep the club in the top division when many big clubs with proud histories failed to do so. That meant we reaped the benefits of the explosion in tv revenues whilst Leeds, Villa, Forest and other fallen giants withered and ultimately he did sell up to a billionaire, even if that's not gone as well as could be hoped so far. He wasn't John Moores, but he wasn't Peter Ridsdale either.

I can understand the anger shown on here if it is by people under 30 or so because they have seen us win nothing unless they were watching in their pram whilst the luckier ones have seen much more .Nevertheless the negative comments on all and sundry is a problem far deeper than that .I have even read posts slating players we have yet to sign . We as a forum seem happy with nothing about the club ,it beggars the question ,why do we bother ? Yes ,for the first time I have turned on the manager ,the first time in more than 60 years watching but I love the club and always will ( at my age always is not the greatest commitment) We must also think of the players ,it is stupid to think they don't read these comments so how must they feel ?
I realise they are paid well for their efforts but they are human .

Yet not that bad at it either.

Since he took over we have been pretty much the best of the rest throughout his tenure. Yes we all want more but realistically it could be a whole lot worse.
Most things that happen could be a lot worse, doesn’t mean they are okay. Papa we’ll have to end these posts with you say either and I say something different. You are awful but I like you, as [Poor language removed] Emery used to say.

Yet not that bad at it either.

Since he took over we have been pretty much the best of the rest throughout his tenure. Yes we all want more but realistically it could be a whole lot worse.

I'm sorry but, how much of that is down to Kenwright and how much is down to moyes?

kenwright picked well in moyes ( even that was recommended by walter smith I read ) and he done well not to fire him after a couple of 16th/17th place finishes which proved important

but how many other MANAGERS would have built a team like moyes did with zero money, constantly having your best players sold like we did

Kenwright gets too much credit because we had a very good manager at the time

lets be honest, we were CLOSE to going down a couple of times under moyes and if we did would kenwright still get the credit he does on here for "keeping us going"?

don't ever doubt kenwright cares for the club and he has done his best, but his best has never been good enough and should have let go years ago in my opinion

I'm sorry but, how much of that is down to Kenwright and how much is down to moyes?

kenwright picked well in moyes ( even that was recommended by walter smith I read ) and he done well not to fire him after a couple of 16th/17th place finishes which proved important

but how many other MANAGERS would have built a team like moyes did with zero money, constantly having your best players sold like we did

Kenwright gets too much credit because we had a very good manager at the time

lets be honest, we were CLOSE to going down a couple of times under moyes and if we did would kenwright still get the credit he does on here for "keeping us going"?

don't ever doubt kenwright cares for the club and he has done his best, but his best has never been good enough and should have let go years ago in my opinion

Kenwright gets too much credit? He gets zero credit!

Our best players where sold for good money and the players wanted to leave. You cant really stop that, it was never a case of asset stripping or anything, infact that likes of Baines, Jagielka, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill etc were constantly given improved contracts to keep them at the club for a decent amount of time. That is where what little money we did have tended to go.

I'm not saying he is great or anything but personally I don't think he did too badly either all things considered. Certainly not to the point of the comedy vitriol he gets from some. He did an OK job, nothing more nothing less. Could have been a whole lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.