2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland just sacked their manager because the club is only in sixth and their board have deemed it way below expectations for their club. No "we'll wait a few more games", nothing. Gone.

They've lost 2 in 11 games this season! The club have looked at the league and want promotion this season and are not prepared to let the club drop any further behind the leaders.

We're Everton, we've spent hundreds of millions and are in the relegation zone with an embarrassment of a manager. Why isn't he sacked?

Have they?!?!??!

Yerrrrs

Please explain how Brands picked Silva in November when he didnt join us till the following June.

Thanks.

MarcelsGoat said:

Brands has already said he needs more than 12months to turn the club around, I suppose it suits him to appoint a young hungry manager like Silva, see how it goes for 18months and then take it from there.

Brands will not be sharing the impatience of the fanbase, hes got a plan and he knows we arent a quick fix, so I suppose from his POV the manager doesnt really factor at this point.

MarcelsGoat said:

Brands has already said he needs more than 12months to turn the club around, I suppose it suits him to appoint a young hungry manager like Silva, see how it goes for 18months and then take it from there.

Brands will not be sharing the impatience of the fanbase, hes got a plan and he knows we arent a quick fix, so I suppose from his POV the manager doesnt really factor at this point.

So I didnt say Brands picked him then, thanks for finding that, helps me out loads.

Please explain how Brands picked Silva in November when he didnt join us till the following June.

Thanks.
Brands will have given his nod for sure.

Brands has been and will be in sole charge of every single footballing decision going forward, theres no grey area, hes the boss.

Quote Reply

see you defo said Silva is a BRANDS man

Sunderland just sacked their manager because the club is only in sixth and their board have deemed it way below expectations for their club. No "we'll wait a few more games", nothing. Gone.

They've lost 2 in 11 games this season! The club have looked at the league and want promotion this season and are not prepared to let the club drop any further behind the leaders.

We're Everton, we've spent hundreds of millions and are in the relegation zone with an embarrassment of a manager. Why isn't he sacked?
Sunderland are in league 1.

Brands will have given his nod for sure.

Brands has been and will be in sole charge of every single footballing decision going forward, theres no grey area, hes the boss.

Quote Reply

see you defo said Silva is a BRANDS man

I said Brands was ok with the appointment.

I never once said he picked him, which is what you claimed when the fella said Silva wasnt Brands choice.

On reflection its defo the correct decision to keep him, at least till the end of the season as long as we dont fall below our current placing, I mean if we were to hit rock bottom in the next few weeks there is still 30 games of the season left, plenty of time to recover.

Starting again would be a terrible thing at this point of the season, lets see where we are Jan/Feb and take it from there, if we are still in the bottom 3, well that would be the time to panic really, not after 8 games.
So third from bottom is ok as long as were not 2nd from bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.