Homepage Update: Marco Silva's Burnley Defeat Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of a friend I had,scrubbed up well to hide a serious drink problem....had similar delusional periods.

The thought of chopping and changing manager mid-season fills me with dread but Marco comes across as a pretty poor communicator and seems to lack a certain “come on we can still do this” response to setbacks. Several of his key players also seem to give up a bit easily when things don’t go according to plan.
Final worry for me is this blooming 4-2-3-1 being churned out whoever we play which means he is just repeating the same pattern of play regardless. Everyone knows what to expect from us and we are springing no surprises on any one.
Players are not blameless though. Lacking in heart and application when things go a bit wrong.

He equates meaningless possession in our own half with controlling the game.

He's a huge liability and it makes me so frustrated that we'll waste more games before the inevitable.
I'm beginning to wonder if the whole possession / stats ethos has become the overriding factor with this "manager"

Do the players get smoke blown up their arses during the week for their game stats, even if the result was poor?

Do the players actually believe they are individually doing well because their own stats look good on the ipad?

I'm beginning to wonder if the whole possession / stats ethos has become the overriding factor with this "manager"

Do the players get smoke blown up their arses during the week for their game stats, even if the result was poor?

Do the players actually believe they are individually doing well because their own stats look good on the ipad?

I suspect the answer is 'yes' to all three questions - but not just at Everton.

The likes of Burnley are always going to allow us to have plenty of possession, knowing we will play loads of pointless 'Martinez' passes before running out of ideas around the penalty box. We don't have the players to play that way, both in midfield and attack, and with the sale of Gana we lost our main tackler, so struggle to regain possession and our so called 'pressing' game implodes.

He needs to make big changes. Players need dropped. He doesn’t seem to me to be a brave or confident manager. I wonder if Brands has more control than is necessary

Tbf if he came out with criticism of the players he'd completely lose the dressing room.
Its just simple deflectipn. He just not good at it and really has no where to go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.