New Everton Stadium Discussion

Maybe because there's nothing there

It's in moshiris interest to get this done as quick as possible. A year ago the council money was rejected 1 year later and still nothing.

They couldn't go any slower if they tried.

Let's see if the planning application is done before the end of the year like they said

...from a planning perspective, I thought the two most recent milestones had been met. No slippage, according to plan.

yes I think the problem isn't the hole that needs filling, and how much the estimate is at, but is finding a lender who will fund such a project , a 100 million estimate , is just that.. it could easily double, and who in their right mind is going to be lending 100's of millions to fill a hole in ??

it makes the project totally unviable

Moshiri is just here to make as much profit as he can, throwing over 100 mil in to a hole never going to work

It won't double in price to fill in a hole, stop being overly dramatic. And the other way of looking at it, if we moved anywhere else and it was a 100 million cheaper would we still get the same commercial value for naming rights that we would at BMD when it's on every postcard, shot of the city, the first thing the cruise ships see on the way in? The 100 million extra will be made up by the fact we are at BMD.

The only direct quotation by anybody even remotely connected with the club is "bullshit" from Dan Meis's twitter. There are 3 possibilities

1) It is bullshit
2) There is something in the rumour and Dan hasn't been informed
3) Dan does know there are issues and is lying

Personally, I'll go with option 1 for now. Anybody else thinking like me? I will (of course) change my mind when the facts change. This place is as nervous as Everton's defence.

if that massive tower thing (Burj Khalifa) can be build on sand in the desert, I'm sure building a relatively low height and mass steel shed can be build on a damp dockland.
tbf, its not just damp dockland, you haven't got to go too far down before you hit solid sandstone. The whole Merseyside conurbation sits on a massive sheet of the stuff from Woolton and beyond on one side to Thurstuson and beyond on the other.
Just look at the walls as you come into Lime St from Edge Hill
They didn't just plonk those walls down on the muddy river bed. With 30ft tides theres a lot of weight of water to hold back, they must be anchored to something.

If there is a problem...and up to now its all rumour - maybe not even 'true rumour' I dont think its 'tanking costs' etc

The only direct quotation by anybody even remotely connected with the club is "bullshit" from Dan Meis's twitter. There are 3 possibilities

1) It is bullshit
2) There is something in the rumour and Dan hasn't been informed
3) Dan does know there are issues and is lying

Personally, I'll go with option 1 for now. Anybody else thinking like me? I will (of course) change my mind when the facts change. This place is as nervous as Everton's defence.
If there is an insurmountable problem at this stage there would be absolutely no point in trying to fudge or delay an announcement.... this isn't something that might slip by with fans not really noticing. Problems may have come up that were not foreseen but the cost of draining the dock and preparing a site currently full of water is unlikely not to have been well researched.

Shortly before the presentation of the stadium design there was another moment of panic and others before that as well and there will be others in the future as well.

It is understandable that fans are cautious and doubtful but a less understandable the kneejerk reaction to every negative rumour.