Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see us scoring because they will head out our endless pointless crossing all day.
I can see them getting a goal or two via set plays.

2-0 Burnley

Hope Im wrong.

What is amazing is that our away support will be massively up for this. Kudos to them because I'm struggling to feel any enthusiasm for the match. We simply can't concede less than we score, neither can we show the resilience to come back from a losing position, nor can we score. Hope I'm wrong.

From the head

Everton of olde beat Everton of today 1-0.

I.e.:

Club with less money but but better togetherness
Club with less money but greater physicality
Club with less money but greater concentration
Club with less money but has better manager / tactician / motivator

produces better co-ordinated display than club with less of the characteristics above.

The most bothersome thing will be at times they'll actually outplay us, too.

Silva goes by Christmas, I pray.

And from the heart: canny, surprise Everton win with speed down the lines from Rico and Theo creating DLC tap-in and header. 1-2

COYB

I will not be able to watch this, it will be just finishing when I get home today. I don't know if this is a blessing in disguise.

We're winning this comfortably. We're Everton. One of the most successful clubs in England. One of the biggest spending clubs in the last few years. This is little Burnley. Happy to just be in our league for a couple of seasons. We've got Brazilian superstars. They've got ginger pubes.

We destroyed these in the final home game barely 6 months ago and without needing to get out of first gear for much of the game. How has the pendulum swung to this? Hoping for a draw, needing to score first etc... jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.