The bookies front runners to replace Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't Bournemouth have one of the highest net spends in the league since they got promoted in 2015? This punching above their weight thing is a bit of a myth in all honesty. Yes they can only attract small crowds due to the stadium but they are still a well financed club.

Plus Howe's teams always do dreadful in cup competitions. And concede at least 3-4 everytime they play Liverpool so he can get in the bin for me,

Their net spend is higher than you'd expect, largely because the sales they've generated across that period have been massively less than an average Premier League club.

Because Howe essentially got them into the Prem with their League One squad, when it came to selling players on, they were essentially releasing them or the players were retiring. Their record sale before this summer was Matt Ritchie for £12m and across 5 years, they've acquired around £65m in sales, including £30m this summer for Mings and Mousset.

To spend what they have and achieve what they have is incredible. If i'm wrong then Howe won't be considered for top jobs when they become available but I have a sneaky feeling that the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and possibly even United would love Howe when their managers do move on.

Again, it depends how ambitious the club want to be. There appears to be a gap between their rhetoric and their actions. 'All mouth and no trousers' is oft the expression.

Howe will eventually leave Bournemouth for a top six club, I am certain of it. It's likely going to be Spurs when Poch leaves because I can see that coming very soon.

He's an excellent coach but he knows, and Bournemouth know, that he's somewhat restricted at that club. Their stadium holds 11,000 people and he's taken them from League One to mid table safety in the Premier League. He's reached a point now where's built a very strong team at Bournemouth with hardly any budget. A team that, if he were to leave, would still be safe in the top flight without him. Players like Ake, Brooks, Wilson, King, Cook, Fraser, Kelly, Billing are all good young Premier League players that could have a future with CL clubs. Even Stacey and Ramsdale have looked very good.

He can certainly take the group of players forward and push them into Europe via a cup perhaps, which would be an unreal achievement. But, for me, he's done as well as he can possibly do with that club, he's taken them as far as they can possibly go without a new stadium and sustained investment (which isn't likely). It's just a case of the club riding it out and the fans enjoying it at the highest level while it lasts because they are 100% punching above their weight.

An opportunity to manage a club like Everton, with a sizeable budget, bigger expectations and a bright future. It's a project many managers would buy into. Howe would be an excellent candidate - again, if the club are prepared to back up their ambition with action.
We’ve only won things with English managers in my lifetime, just saying like!

Status
Not open for further replies.