2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcl scored 4 this season. Can we cut him slack for month and revisit in 4 weeks?

And we lost 2 of those games and then the other was a team a league below

Someone mentioned above at least he's getting into the positions to kiss those chances, actually a good point that. He wasn't even doing that a few months ago

Someone mentioned above at least he's getting into the positions to kiss those chances, actually a good point that. He wasn't even doing that a few months ago
Yeah he has improved in his attacking position awareness. That run in the second half where the keeper got a foot on it was unlucky.

I agree, but that's where there really needed to be a more experienced goal scorer brought in during the summer so there wasn't that pressure on either of them to be the main source of goals.

Maybe it comes down to failing to move Tosun on? Get his wages off the books and there's room in the squad / budget for a llorente type signing, someone who can score and allow Keane answer DCL to come into games for 30 minutes or against lesser opponents until they build the understanding and confidence to fulfill their potential?

Yeah I suppose so - we can imagine it must have been really hard to find the right kind of striker. Imagine like Henrik Larsen was for Man U or Henry for Arsenal in his second spell, or someone like that - it's really hard to find the right person who gives us what we want, doesn't need to start every game and teaches and shares the burden.

Yeah he has improved in his attacking position awareness. That run in the second half where the keeper got a foot on it was unlucky.

Was really close that one. Such fine margins, I dont think he could have done much better apart from maybe dink it a couple of inches higher, but if he'd scored that one we would be talking differently again

My memory is that Lukaku had a poor record against top six sides.
Do we question the goals scored by Lukaku, Yakubu or any other Everton striker depending on if we won, drew or lost the games.

DCL has scored some goals, he has still to prove that he can score goals on a regular basis, I just give him credit for what he has done so far and hope that he can score more regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.