Roberto back in the goodison hotseat?

• Of course

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 244 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It pains me to say it, but that is correct.

I think Moyes gave the most vocieferous part of our fan base the basic up and at 'em football that most were weaned on. That's safe but uninspi=ring and usually wont let you down if you want to be a superior second tier PL team.

Unless someone comes in and has us playing season after season like a Guardiola team, handing out masterclasses every week, the Moyes-children-turned-adults will howl down any attempt to play football the Everton Way of old. It's probably best not to try playing football at this club.
Dave you didn’t think I was being serious about Moyes did you?

Dave you didn’t think I was being serious about Moyes did you?
No mate. But it is right that the slump began with Roberto's time here. It happened with bad form in the second season and it was made into a slump by fans who wouldn't let go of their admiration for Moyes' hoofball, so they went into a frenzy and got onto the players so much they didn't have the character to face it and caved in.

The message for any Everton manager since has been: if you cant get the results of Guardiola, dont play football; it'll get you into trouble. Just give them what they want: buckets of sweat.

It pains me to say it, but that is correct.

I think Moyes gave the most vocieferous part of our fan base the basic up and at 'em football that most were weaned on. That's safe but uninspi=ring and usually wont let you down if you want to be a superior second tier PL team.

Unless someone comes in and has us playing season after season like a Guardiola team, handing out masterclasses every week, the Moyes-children-turned-adults will howl down any attempt to play football the Everton Way of old. It's probably best not to try playing football at this club.
Not sure that's true of some of his teams. The Arteta, Piennar, Yak team played some bloody good football. Generally I think he was just to conservative. If we had Moyes in charge of the fitness, defending and overseeing the signings then Martinez in charge of everything else we may have gone places!

Top 10 FIFA world best manager. Belgium's greatest ever manager.

Not good enough for Everton.

Lol.

He came, he saw, he conquered, he got stabbed in the back, he left.

Pretty much covers it.
He had no plan B, similar to Silva at the moment, I say that in hope.

No mate. But it is right that the slump began with Roberto's time here. It happened with bad form in the second season and it was made into a slump by fans who wouldn't let go of their admiration for Moyes' hoofball, so they went into a frenzy and got onto the players so much they didn't have the character to face it and caved in.

The message for any Everton manager since has been: if you cant get the results of Guardiola, dont play football; it'll get you into trouble. Just give them what they want: buckets of sweat.
Not the way I see it. The message to any Everton manager re Martinez is play football but get your players fit and well organised. You're not going to be a successful manager if you don't get the players fit and organised defensively. Do you think Guardiola doesn't have his team super fit and well organised, of course he does. Martinez didn't and its why he'll never be a top manager.

Not sure that's true of some of his teams. The Arteta, Piennar, Yak team played some bloody good football. Generally I think he was just to conservative. If we had Moyes in charge of the fitness, defending and overseeing the signings then Martinez in charge of everything else we may have gone places!
The thing with Moyes: he allowed on occasion the players to cut loose and play and then stuck with it...until a reversal and then the ultra conservatism kicked in and throttled the life out of expansionist football. That genie was let out the bottle by Roberto. It worked a treat initially as players were encouraged to keep possession and play it to feet. The first sign of a slump though and those same players were looking for their Moyes security blanket again...which was denied them by Martinez who insisted on playing through the slump.

The rest is history.

Not the way I see it. The message to any Everton manager re Martinez is play football but get your players fit and well organised. You're not going to be a successful manager if you don't get the players fit and organised defensively. Do you think Guardiola doesn't have his team super fit and well organised, of course he does. Martinez didn't and its why he'll never be a top manager.
He could have done a lot more to work them, yes. Mentally though, they were Moyes' Boys: mentally suspect in terms of individual responsibility for how they played and needing the father figure to tell them where to stand on the pitch.

A pathetic bunch of frightened children rather than men.

He could have done a lot more to work them, yes. Mentally though, they were Moyes' Boys: mentally suspect in terms of individual responsibility for how they played and needing the father figure to tell them where to stand on the pitch.

Mentality is related to fitness in my opinion. We conceded so many late goals because we weren't mentally alert, we weren't mentally alert because we were physically knackered. I wouldn't make excuses for some of those players attitude but neither will I ignore the fact that Martinez simply wasn't up to the job.

What a load of rubbish, would you categorise Tim Cahill, Arteta, Carsley, Stubbs and weir as frightened children? I could go on

giphy.gif

Belgium had the best team. They lost semifinal cause fellaini attacking fullbacks ended up fellaini crossing to hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.