Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possession does not equal good. Sheff U have let us have most of that and just kept their shape hoping for a break.

Playing it out wide and throwing crosses in is giving them what they want.

Agree with this.

Got no other game plan but to play out wide and try and get crosses in us. Soooo predicable and comfortable for Sheff Utd.
Aren’t £50 midfielders like Sigurdsson supposed to be showing for the ball consistently and making things happen? He’s literally offering us nothing in the ‘behind the striker role’

would anyone whose there tell me whether or not it looks like the players have given up on the manager due his stupid tactics or are silvas tactics just dumbing them down ?

Maybe we’ll see some bold adventurous half time changes bringing attacking midfielders on for the two utter frauds Siggurdson and Schneiderlin. Coincidentally the two who were giving it the big one in the media all week.

The come out for the second half and ….. any changes?

Get Silva out, get another guy in, get excited about his new shiny tactics, new shiny tactics get found out, get guy out. Repeat to Infinity

Huge half here. Silva and the players quite simply have to step up. How much do they really want it. Fans are on edge here unless it’s turned round

Silva has never come from behind to win a PL game. I hope that record ends today but I would be not at all surprised to see it continue.

The sad fact is this hasn't been much different from all the other games. We can't really beat teams so it all comes down to finishing and who gets the bounces. So far it is them. It could flip but barring a serious change from us it won't mean we have figured it out.

Think you've made an astute point. I feel like we are always in every game but never convincing, and wins or defeats are usually narrow affairs that involve a bit of luck. No one who plays us is afraid of us. We are predictable and rely on a few individuals pulling something out of the bag, rather than a collective team effort.

That's a bit rich from someone who maintains that Bournemouth are, at the moment and seemingly for all eternity, a team that should be in the bottom half of the league when they are, at present at least, in 4th! If your point is that Bournemouth shouldn't be in 4th then it's worth my while avoiding it!
Again you've glided over my point completely to fit into whatever it is your supposed to be talking about. But no problem have a wacky time with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.