2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant get this he scored played with in an awful midfield, and Keen has yet to score we could have the best CF in the world and they would struggle to score - look how many players from midfield enter the box?
NO pace other than the two fullbacks - Delph did ok but he was on his own in the midfield... Silva is clueless imo away from home.......

See previous post 12 goals in 3 seasons, has our midfield been awful for all that time? Agree on Silva, clueless home or away.

DCL will come good. The biggest problem is the service he gets. He got a goal against Bournmouth, and that will give his confidence a boost. Further, his link up play is excellent, and he is a handful for every defender. We have to focus on giving him better service, and more movement around him.

He’s had eighty odd games to come good.

It ain’t ever happening.

He’s had eighty odd games to come good.

It ain’t ever happening.
Nothing will happen until we get a midfielders who is a fast play makers we pain double the amount for Sigs value at the time , he only has flashes of brilliance - our midfield is static atm its been a case of not yet replacing Lukaku or Ross Barkley IWOBI may do that, but its been a long time of buying the wrong players imo
square pegs in round holes
I hope a formation change will change our season COYB

Nothing will happen until we get a midfielders who is a fast play makers we pain double the amount for Sigs value at the time , he only has flashes of brilliance - our midfield is static atm its been a case of not yet replacing Lukaku or Ross Barkley IWOBI may do that, but its been a long time of buying the wrong players imo

I’ll add that to the ever growing list of excuses Joey.

Give it up, your boys a dud.

If he was one of your fish, you’d let the frogs have their way with him and then drown him ;)

I’ll add that to the ever growing list of excuses Joey.

Give it up, your boys a dud.

If he was one of your fish, you’d let the frogs have their way with him and then drown him ;)
OK drop him play that formation and see how many goals Keen scores.....
That was Bournemouth's first home win =Silva that... you know we are beat in a number of positions before we kick off......
He has to find a new formation 433 and close the opposition down it works for the other lot over the park we tray to play like Man City without the class needed ......- I dont give a jot if DCL gets dropped if we improve, and score goals............

Lol at everyone ragging on @Archer for suggesting Dixie dean would only score five goals in modern football. I thought that was being generous personally... dudes an athlete from 1930s ffs, he’d get absolutely stomped on by today’s footballers, it would be embarrassing to watch.

OK drop him play that formation and see how many goals Keen scores.....
That was Bournemouth's first home win =Silva that... you know we are beat in a number of positions before we kick off......
He has to find a new formation 433 and close the opposition down it works for the other lot over the park we tray to play like Man City without the class needed ......- I dont give a jot if DCL gets dropped if we improve, and score goals............

Straight swap for Shane Long in January.

You heard it hear first.

We could have top, top quality midfielders playing for us Joey, but if your strikers movement off the ball is absolutely gash, then it wouldn't make any difference.

He won’t come good. He can’t finish. People say he hasn’t had service. He’s got Digne, Siggy, Bernard, Iwobi and Richarlison whipping them in. He has 1 goal in 13.

Richarlison and Siggy got 13/14 goals each last season. DCL wouldn’t get double figures.

He isn’t good enough for what we need - not even close.

Play Kean until he gets up to speed or stick Richarlison up front. DCL won’t be missed.

We created less chances from open play than Fulham last season - we were ranked 12th. The trend continues this year. My point is that the team is static, and a change of striker wont solve the problem. DCL are now doing the job Moyes wanted from his strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.