Everton Youth Teams Thread

Half time
Everton u23s 1 Blackburn U23s 0
Gibson 1-0 on 20mins

Decent game were Everton could have had a few more goals, with Blackburn causing the odd touch of Trouble to us
We actually go 3rd with a win,not 2nd like com says,win today and chance to go top Friday

What’s the crack with charsley? He not stumping any other other lads growth?
Charsley starting again. Still don't get that
I’ve heard, but can’t confirm, that Charsley has now been given a short-term contract “ because we’re short of experienced players at U23s due to exits/loans”, it had me fuming when I first heard it .If this is true it really is shocking but is in line with Unsworth’s statements that is a big step up from u18 to 23 and he’s had to do a lot of work with some players. Yeah if we want to win PL2 again Charsley is an experienced option , but really? There are players like Iversen , Simms and even Mampala who need to be given a run at 23s to see what they can do. I feel the same about playing Alex Denny at right back , a solid , dependable , older player who’s not a right back, when we should be playing Astley or Kyle John who just may be the future. It’s Unsworths job to take these raw 18 year olds and coach them into decent U23s not to play safe with older experienced players.

Blackburn level on 48mins Costello controls,swivels and finishes with his left foot 1-1, it was like a abbott and costello that goal
This goal puts Everton 5th,not 4th like com says,do they know nothing lol

I’ve heard, but can’t confirm, that Charsley has now been given a short-term contract “ because we’re short of experienced players at U23s due to exits/loans”, it had me fuming when I first heard it .If this is true it really is shocking but is in line with Unsworth’s statements that is a big step up from u18 to 23 and he’s had to do a lot of work with some players. Yeah if we want to win PL2 again Charsley is an experienced option , but really? There are players like Iversen , Simms and even Mampala who need to be given a run at 23s to see what they can do. I feel the same about playing Alex Denny at right back , a solid , dependable , older player who’s not a right back, when we should be playing Astley or Kyle John who just may be the future. It’s Unsworths job to take these raw 18 year olds and coach them into decent U23s not to play safe with older experienced players.
I understand what you're saying and I agree with your sentiments but maybe Unsworth sees the benefits for the younger players to have more experienced lads to assist their development... Obviously I don't know but anyway it's an alternative way to look at it.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with your sentiments but maybe Unsworth sees the benefits for the younger players to have more experienced lads to assist their development... Obviously I don't know but anyway it's an alternative way to look at it.

I bloody hope a near 23-year old with 55 mins of men’s football isn’t considered experienced.

Oh I know but either way to me it’s just ludicrous. If he's not good enough to earn a pro contract with us then let him go. Surprised he’s even wanting to stay here short-term.
Perhaps he's not been offered a contract elsewhere, at least it isn't a Jose Baxter scenario