How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will rock up and beat Sheff United and it will make all this even more frustrating like you know he’s going to win enough matches at home to never lose his job yet not win enough away to ever challenge the top 6.

He will get the full season won’t he.

You just end up feeling meh about the whole thing don’t you?

We will rock up and beat Sheff United and it will make all this even more frustrating like you know he’s going to win enough matches at home to never lose his job yet not win enough away to ever challenge the top 6.

He will get the full season won’t he.

You just end up feeling meh about the whole thing don’t you?

Our fans are annoying tbh atm 5 games in and they want him sacked.

I'm starting to think the managers aren't the issue with Everton. Both of our previous managers, Koeman and Martinez, are doing fantastic jobs at their new jobs. Marco Silva did a fantastic job in the PL and has a great CV, yet hasn't performed well here so far. It's been proved time and time again, that sacking managers doesn't work at Everton. It works at clubs like Chelsea or Real Madrid, because those clubs already have an existing structure, spine of quality players. The blame isn't just on the manager, but also on the recruitment and DoF at the club.

Yes Marco Silva hasn't performed great but what even are our expectations? 7th? Losing against a good Bournemouth away isn't the end of the world.....we aren't challenging the title or top 4. Our rivals Leicester and Wolves lost.....and West Ham still have to play. We have given Marco Silva all this money to spend....how can we just sack him now? That's basically throwing away all the money we just spent. We must allow Silva to develop an identity and structure at this club. I don't care how long that takes.....as long as we aren't relegated.
The likes of Klopp or Mourinho would have these fighting for cups and top 4 at least. Simply by getting 150% out of them.
This clown can’t even get 70/80%, so yes, it is the Manager.

It not just these 5 games, its judging on how he has been since he came, yeah after the post cup exit last season he did well, but so what? The season was dead then

We did exceptionally well to be fair.

And we aren't out of any cups and we are midtable in the league, not down the bottom. We are 3/4 points behind what we would have really hoped for but this season isn't dead by any means.

Our fans are annoying tbh atm 5 games in and they want him sacked.

That's not really true.

The vast majority aren't at all happy with him. But I've seen very few shouts to sack him.

He will get a chance to improve things in the next few months up to around Christmas. But if he doesn't improve the away form then he wont be here next season. That's football and he will know that.

I'm beginning to really doubt he's the right man, but I hope it turns out he is. I just want to win more games. I don't want to have to find yet another manager, who could quite easily also be a failure.

It not just these 5 games, its judging on how he has been since he came, yeah after the post cup exit last season he did well, but so what? The season was dead then
The season's dead from the off though. Last season finishing 7th was the absolute best we could realistically do, so it's not as if there was any less pressure on them later in the season is it? In fact there was considerably more if anything, because he was under pressure from fans and must have known his job would be under threat if we didn't turn it round.

You're kidding yourself if you think we're getting Mourinho or someone if Silva goes. It'll be Howe, or Espirito Santo if Wolves sack him first, or Gracia. It'll just be another stab in the dark and hope that they have a bit more luck. I've said it before, but anyone who looked at our transfer business this summer - not Silva's department - and thought we were going to gatecrashing the top 6 was deluded. The team is clearly lacking in a number of areas. The manager knows it and said as much during the summer, but we didn't get what he asked for. That doesn't give him a free pass or anything, and he's far from perfect, but we're absolutely nowhere near a point where we should even be talking about sacking him in my opinion.

We did exceptionally well to be fair.

And we aren't out of any cups and we are midtable in the league, not down the bottom. We are 3/4 points behind what we would have really hoped for but this season isn't dead by any means.
Didn’t we hear it 100 times already? Simply doesn’t cut it....

Status
Not open for further replies.