2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton should address the Souness comment. It's a scandalous character assassination with no foundation as far as I can tell.
Fully agree mate.

Reminds me a little bit of the Holgate affair with Firmino and then the alleged homophobic tweets. I felt he was hung out to dry by the club.

Kean has only been in the country a couple of months and has done absolutely nothing to warrant those comments from Souness. The club should at least make a statement condemning the remarks, but I think we should go one step further and lodge a formal complaint to Sky. Their "impartial experts" should not be allowed to say anything they want with impunity. Also, remember we have a lad here who has a history of his club not supporting him.

I know he isn't the first person on your candlelit dinner invitation list Dave, but this is the sort of thing that our Chairman is very good at.

Link? I've never seen anything that would suggest the kid has any off the field issues.

It was banded around twitter and possibly on here, likes a good night out apparently (which isn’t an issue) but I don’t think it was said in relation to why Juve sold him at all, he had a year on his contract and that’s the end of the story

OK that's fine.

It didn't come across that way with all the talk about attitude, cheap fees and home sickness. It sounded like you were taking sides with Souness. He may or may not be a racist, but he is anti Everton and a total weapon and was well out of order yesterday in what he said.

Silva may or may not be a racist. Moshiri may or may not be a racist. These things don’t need to be said. They are baseless. What Souness said wasn’t racist. He isn’t racist. Leave it at that.

I personally don’t believe that everything Souness, Nev, Carra and co say is even their genuine opinion. They are paid WUMs. That’s what they are there for.

606 are even less subtle than Sky for this stuff with the likes of Savage and Sutton who encourage callers with extreme opinions, like the Arsenal fan yesterday who got the best part of half an hour airtime because he said Arsenal were going to win the league and that man-for-man they were better than City and Liverpool.

If pundits only said 'what we want to hear' in that Kean is a young lad and it's early days for him and that irrespective of his performances thus far, he's got a great opportunity to be a top Premier League striker for Everton - people would rapidly tune out. As such, there has to be a bit of that mixed in with a bit of wumming.

Silva may or may not be a racist. Moshiri may or may not be a racist. These things don’t need to be said. They are baseless. What Souness said wasn’t racist. He isn’t racist. Leave it at that.

I personally don’t believe that everything Souness, Nev, Carra and co say is even their genuine opinion. They are paid WUMs. That’s what they are there for.
I think you're maybe misunderstanding the argument here. What Souness said wasn't overtly racist in itself, but there's a pretty strong argument that it is a case of 'everyday racism'. He has intimated, for no apparent reason, that Kean has an attitude problem. He admits that this is completely baseless, so the defence that he might have heard things doesn't stand up, he says himself that he has no idea, and offers no evidence to back up what he's saying. The question is why he has chosen to say that about Kean, and not any of the other players that the same question could be asked of, and why he decided on the very same day that Eriksen probably didn't have a bad attitude, despite also having no idea about that. I'm not saying he IS racist, but it's not baseless to speculate that he might be. These comments are, by definition, a base.

It's a shame that there isn't a senior striker to help carry the load (I can't imagine that Silva is suddenly going to start taking Tosun seriously), but I think Kean has shown enough to suggest that he's ready to contribute. He looks a live wire in and around the box.

While agreeing with the first paragraph on Souness not being a racist, that card is played far easily and far too often imo, i'm not so sure on the paid WUMs stuff. Absolutely they're paid to give their opinions and not sit on the fence or be so bland they're boring but I don't think they're deliberately provacitive.

Thought Gary Neville's quote on Xhaka being an experienced player who has never become experienced was brilliant.

It's a shame that there isn't a senior striker to help carry the load (I can't imagine that Silva is suddenly going to start taking Tosun seriously), but I think Kean has shown enough to suggest that he's ready to contribute. He looks a live wire in and around the box.
I think he'd thrive feeding off someone. At the moment he's trying to create his own chances, I'm sure he'll soon bag when the service to him improves.

I'm not saying he IS racist, but it's not baseless to speculate that he might be. These comments are, by definition, a base.

By the same logic - I'm not saying Kean has an attitude problem, but he might have one. It's not baseless to speculate that he might have one.

In both cases, it's not particularly helpful.

....I think the Sky discussion re Kean was largely ignorant. The pundits did not know the details of the transfer, and more concerning, neither did the match presenter.

They asked if there was a ‘buy back clause’ and were unaware Kean was in the last 12 months of his contract. This detail alone is a critical factor in the discussion, as without it the pundits were assuming Juventus have sold him cheaply when they had him securely tied to the club.

Consequently they looked for reasons why the transfer happened and Souness suggested the player could have an attitude problem (he was dropped from the Italian U21 side in the summer for turning up late for a team meeting).

I think the blame mostly lies with the Sky presenter for raising questions about Kean without having done his homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.