Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win. Not a particularly good performance but a very important 3 points. Very happy.

Made hard work of that considering we pretty much controlled the game. Siggy was exceptional after I asked for him to be left out, good stuff, Delph was excellent and i thought Gomes was brilliant as well, kept it simple and was very solid. Has to be Richarlison MOM though, played superbly.

Wolves were not great in terms of creating chances today. The just got at us with pace down the wings and we crumbled at the back. They did a decent job of closing us down quickly and trying to nullify us making anything happen. We persevered and thankfully took a couple of the chances we did create and scored.

I thought in patches we were very good in the game, wolves tbh were woeful though and we conceded 2 goals to them, Digne needs to sort his defending out at times. Disappointed to see DCL come on I wanted Tosun to come on late, but Richy saved the day when I thought we may land up with a draw when we should have won. Anyway 3 points and now we can move on and hopefully be up to double figures with points after out next game.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.