Homepage Article Applause!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought provoking article, but wrong for me.

The atmosphere has to be authentic and organic.

Murals, mini-flags, fireworks, plane-banners are alien. So too are all those minty national flags behind the Park End goal. It's so 'kin Great Yarmouth FC it's unreal.

While we're about it: minutes silences/applause and maudlin Remembrance Day ceremonies should all be expunged too.

We just need to make more noise. Doesn’t seem hard to me, but I’m only going 3/4 times a season so I’m always game for getting involved...but everyone round me is just seems to be over trying. I find it frustrating but perhaps I’d be same after a full season.

Really well written article. Anything that improves the atmosphere at home is fine by me. Opposition teams should fear coming to Goodison and we should make it a hostile environment for their players whilst making it a supportive one for ours. The last few games at goodison with the siren/ singing/ flags & pyrotechnics have been far more enjoyable than the last few deathly quiet seasons. Well done to all involved in trying to lift the atmosphere.

The new stadium, and that large bank behind the goal, will give us a chance at 'reinvention'.

It's up to the young Toffee hipsters to how this will manifest itself.

It's an opportunity for boss flags and banners.

The fair play handshake took some of the atmosphere away IMO.

Players running out of the tunnel straight to the Gwladys was always better.

But as I've moaned about for years, it's the season ticket holder allocation that's done the atmosphere in, with a dose of apathy.

Thought provoking article, but wrong for me.

The atmosphere has to be authentic and organic.

Murals, mini-flags, fireworks, plane-banners are alien. So too are all those minty national flags behind the Park End goal. It's so 'kin Great Yarmouth FC it's unreal.

While we're about it: minutes silences/applause and maudlin Remembrance Day ceremonies should all be expunged too.
But when you're crying
You bring on the rain
So stop you're sighing
Be happy again.

And keep on smiling
'Cause when you're smiling
The whole world smiles with you.

Just don't American-it all up, with exploding scoreboards and insanely loud music and kiss-cams and all that nonsense.

That’s mostly because American sports have timeouts and breaks in play that allow for such nonsense. Thankfully soccer is different. A few MLS teams have confetti or horns or pyro when the home team scores a goal, but by and large the over-the-top elements are nowhere to be found in our league.

Atmosphere doesn't make a good team, a good team creates the atmosphere. While certain things can help create a better feeling within the stadium get a good group of players on the field giving of their best and you will have an atmosphere second to none.

That’s mostly because American sports have timeouts and breaks in play that allow for such nonsense. Thankfully soccer is different. A few MLS teams have confetti or horns or pyro when the home team scores a goal, but by and large the over-the-top elements are nowhere to be found in our league.

I know.
-an American

Status
Not open for further replies.