2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would definitely offer more than DCL in games against teams parking the bus at Goodison, better finisher and has better movement in the box.
Agree. We'd lose athleticism and aerial ability, but Cenk isn't bad in the air and he plays hard, man.

I don't endorse going 4-4-2 basically ever because it just overdoes our already overdone realiance on crossing to create chances. That said if we are bringing someone off the bench chasing goals I can't see what good reason we would pick DCL over Tosun. Cenk isn't the greatest goalscorer ever but he at least understands how to get on the end of things and to get shots away. Better finisher too.

Perfectly summed up. He's a good player. He has skills.

BUT he will never make it in the Premier League because he's not athletic enough.
He's not a target player, though. He was usually deployed as a second striker and often out wide with other clubs. He's not a back to the goal player at all.

He's not a target player, though. He was usually deployed as a second striker and often out wide with other clubs. He's not a back to the goal player at all.

For me his strength is not running channels, but rather as a target who has the ability to get others into space they are creating by doing their part. For me he can see it happening and has the intelligence and skill to do so.

So yeah, a second striker but also the target man at the same time. Hesky made a career out of that.

For me his strength is not running channels, but rather as a target who has the ability to get others into space they are creating by doing their part. For me he can see it happening and has the intelligence and skill to do so.

So yeah, a second striker but also the target man at the same time. Hesky made a career out of that.
Okay, I got it, I can buy it. He does kind of make himself available in spots. You can see why in a lesser league with a bit more time and space (and poorer defending) he would score so often. Richy had an open header at one point that Cenk dropped back off and if Richy just drops it to Cenk it's probably a goal. Simple sequence, but it makes your point.

Yeah, he's not often going to run into a channel and bring a CB With him or have a ball played over the top for him.

My overall take on Cenk is he's a good footballer. He shined in Turkey and shines for their national team because he is a good footballer. He is good at the game.

He is not a No. 9 in the Premier League.

The Hesky comparison was made for style of play purposes only. Hesky was miles more athletic.

I was on about how Heskey made Agbonlahor look like a star. He really did look the biz then...the Gabby lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.