Centre Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why is that?

Not enough research done on that player.

A calamitous signing.

We have been wanting him for abit to be fair, he should have been brought in the last winter transfer window and be gueye understudy and we would have been in a better situation today as we could have decided if he could be a starter for us.

We have been wanting him for abit to be fair, he should have been brought in the last winter transfer window and be gueye understudy and we would have been in a better situation today as we could have decided if he could be a starter for us.
Quite.

Takes foresight AND the willingness to execute that. But we have a DoF who does not do January. Apparently.

I still think we should have gone for Sangare and played him and Gbamin as 2 DMs with either Gomes / iwobi in front of them.

Wouldnt have cost a huge amount and due to lack of pace in defence would enable us to play on a very fast counter.
Yep - agree with this. Personally i'd have avoided Doucoure and then when you add the fee in to it we should definitely have gone for Sangare!
Sangare, Gbamin and Iwobi would have been a good midfield three with Gomes, Delph, and Davies adding cover. We need to move Schneiderlin and Siggurdson on imo. Brands just didn't do a great job in the summer on the centre half position and the centre midfield position which we are going to pay for this season.

Yep - agree with this. Personally i'd have avoided Doucoure and then when you add the fee in to it we should definitely have gone for Sangare!
Sangare, Gbamin and Iwobi would have been a good midfield three with Gomes, Delph, and Davies adding cover. We need to move Schneiderlin and Siggurdson on imo. Brands just didn't do a great job in the summer on the centre half position and the centre midfield position which we are going to pay for this season.

But Sangare might take awhile to get used to the premiership. Even gbamin said the game is so fast. This is the reason I wanted doucoure.

Delph was always going to be crocked for some portion of the season, that was a foregone conclusion. Just sucks that Gbamin has got this injury from nowhere at the same time

But Sangare might take awhile to get used to the premiership. Even gbamin said the game is so fast. This is the reason I wanted doucoure.
That’s a fair point but I’d have still gone for Sangare, lower fee, more upside in terms of improvement, just don’t rate Doucoure that much. He would have taken time to settle but I think we’d end up with a better player. Either way we needed someone of that ilk in centre midfield and we didn’t get them.

How many posts before you blame Brands??

Asking for a friend
Don't think we miss Gana at all to be honest. He was just a water carrier.
Nice, the kid has had less than an hour in a new league and davek has finished him
We’ll be fine
Seems alright to me. But I won’t know until we’ve played more than 1 game of football tbh.
Here he is, right on time.
Dave, if Gomes wouldn’t of went of injured this thread would be mute. It’s the first game mate have faith!
Christ, what a thread.
Midfield is the least of our problems. Lack of cutting edge and depth at the back well ahead.
This fella cant even spell Gomes.

Ban him please.
Bedwettery central
I, for one, welcome the centre midfield that will step up and play so improved this season that Davek crawls back into his hole.

And then tells everyone how he doesnt know what they are talking about, he always thought they would be first rate
The midfield has been awful the first minute, the tactics have them within 5 yards of each other.

....thoughts lads?

Still happy / sanguine about centre midfield?

:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.