2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were only creating down the left with digne and bernard and he takes bernard off. Bizarre.

How could any manager think “you know what, DCL looks like he will score here, I’ll keep him on”
TBH Bernard done nothing in this game. I can see his thinking keeping DCL on and going 4-4-2 but he must have some faith in DCL as we all know he is a non scoring forward.

Everton boss Marco Silva, speaking to BBC Sport: "It is really difficult to see how we can lose this game when we create so many chances to score. It is a tough place to play football.

"We started well and controlled the game with some dangerous moments around their box. The first time they went in our box they scored.

"We spoke during thew week that Villa like to play fast set-pieces and they did that we switched off. In the first moment it was 1-0. We react and had a clear chance with Dominic [Calvert-Lewin] to make it 1-1.

"In the second half it was more with our team in the middle and them with nine players around the box. Even then we created chances to change the result for us. We had the shot off the post and the clear chances with Theo [Walcott] and Lucas [Digne]. In my opinion we should achieve more in this game but if you don't score from the chances you create.

"The most difficult thing is to create and when you do you have to put the ball in the net.

"It is concerning about the goals we didn't score and of course we should score more. Against Palace we created lots of chances to score and didn't and again today."

So tough to play football there that Bournemouth won there last week.

Great. I already can’t listen to our manager and we are 3 weeks in.

Everton boss Marco Silva, speaking to BBC Sport: "It is really difficult to see how we can lose this game when we create so many chances to score. It is a tough place to play football.

"We started well and controlled the game with some dangerous moments around their box. The first time they went in our box they scored.

"We spoke during thew week that Villa like to play fast set-pieces and they did that we switched off. In the first moment it was 1-0. We react and had a clear chance with Dominic [Calvert-Lewin] to make it 1-1.

"In the second half it was more with our team in the middle and them with nine players around the box. Even then we created chances to change the result for us. We had the shot off the post and the clear chances with Theo [Walcott] and Lucas [Digne]. In my opinion we should achieve more in this game but if you don't score from the chances you create.

"The most difficult thing is to create and when you do you have to put the ball in the net.

"It is concerning about the goals we didn't score and of course we should score more. Against Palace we created lots of chances to score and didn't and again today."
feel sorry for him but also don't because we know what DCL is like and 1 of our best chances fell to him and he fluffed it yet you keep picking him yet it's not his fault that our players can't stick the ball in the net.

Villa looked more like scoring every time they went forward tonight. We had DCL miss a sitter, which is his default thing to do, and a snap shot from Iwobi. That's it.

And that's a relegation threatened side.

AND it's been the case for all three games this season. We have an extremely poor attacking unit, because we didn't replace DCL and we're relying on a 19 year old kid to be world class and hit the ground running, which is ridiculous.

Not saying it is by any means perfect but just not that bad. Likely we will be winning zip again this season and that includes the 7th place trophy.

We were only creating down the left with digne and bernard and he takes bernard off. Bizarre.

How could any manager think “you know what, DCL looks like he will score here, I’ll keep him on”

tbf Wat, I didn't mind him keeping DCL on so we had 2 up top. At least he was trying something different.

I'd have given Davies a go in the middle though instead if Walcott. Rico was crap but before Walcott is on you know he's gonna be crap anyway so it's a waste of a sub.

I can guarantee Davies would have had a shot at goal when it all opened up for Gomes on the edge of the box but he decided to pass it out of play instead

been saying this, he is not the guy. Sure we will get told 'new players haven't settled yet', sure let's give him one more window, oh christmas fixture was tough, ops the season is over. I am not denying transfer policy got much better thanks to mainly Brands but uff this Silva guy cannot create any harmony with the players he has. we will get weird good results here and there, we will beat top 6 teams once in a while, but never top 4 or even 6 finish we will see under him. the job is too big for him.
Still he deserves at least this full season (bar some terrible scenario when we're threaten of relegation). If we finish lower than 8th we need to part ways.

He has put himself in the firing line by sticking with Calvert Lewin. I can't remember another player who has consistently done so little. Kean starts next game, or questions need to be asked of Silva's judgement.

Chances.
We've had 6 shots on target against palace watford and villa. It should be 6 shots in 1 game let alone 3. And scored 1 deflected goal.
Thats the bottom line.

Not saying it is by any means perfect but just not that bad. Likely we will be winning zip again this season and that includes the 7th place trophy.

Where's the goals coming from?

We've had six shots on target in three games.

It's desperately bad. We have a decent side right up to the final third, where we are again as bad as anyone in this league.

No more holding players back until they are ready Marco. Start your best team and that means Kean and Iwobi must be in it. If it means that either or both of Sigurdsson and Richarlison are benched for a while then so be it. They both look out of sorts at the moment anyway.

Baffles me how Moshiri keeps appointing mid table managers and expecting things to be different.

Its like sound appoint a mid table manager but dont back him with hundreds of millions to pish up the wall like Koeman did.

Its groundhog day all the time.

Just hire a top manager to spend the money and coach the signings correctly and get value for your money!!

This is a superb point. We hired a manager Sacked by Watford. Please don’t say he had his head turned (if that’s true it’s even worse for him.)

Show some ambition.

People saying we should keep DcL on?! Did you see the game, him and Gulfi were abysmal, anyone could see that, why he waited so long then change a system, multiplied by new players is a joke, he’s got no kahunas and seems reluctant to make big decisions a big club manager would take.
Another season of ticking off the 40 points and going out early in the cups.
The guys a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.