New Everton Stadium Discussion

Looking at the app the south stand upper tier could surely be extended to support more seats easily.

Why can’t we see the exterior from the south end ?

The app itself is really nice though

The south end exterior is one of the most common images.

bramley_moore_dock_stadium03.jpg

I'm presuming you mean the north end? If so, the only way to add more seats is directly above the tier below (Top Balc style) and that may be problematic due to the roof trusses. You cannot add any seats to the back of the proposed design as it is right up against the site boundary and you'd then be encroaching onto united utilities air rights.

image.jpg

The south end exterior is one of the most common images.

bramley_moore_dock_stadium03.jpg

I'm presuming you mean the north end? If so, the only way to add more seats is directly above the tier below (Top Balc style) and that may be problematic due to the roof trusses. You cannot add any seats to the back of the proposed design as it is right up against the site boundary and you'd then be encroaching onto united utilities air rights.

image.jpg

Leaves me wondering:
Is the site big enough?
How can the capacity go up to 62k as suggested? (which won't be through safe standing)
Why the side stands are not bigger, taller, more tiers?

Two of Meis previous stadiums Paul Brown and Lincoln Financial Field have much taller side stands. I don't know why ours doesn't. The roof would be higher of course. Is the overall capacity and height restricted due to satisfying UNESCO or is it due to finance, or lack of confidence that we can fill a bigger stadium? Surely both the east and west stands can have another tier.

Last edited:
Leaves me wondering:
Is the site big enough?
How can the capacity go up to 62k as suggested? (which won't be through safe standing)
Why the side stands are not bigger, taller, more tiers?

Two of Meis previous stadiums Paul Brown and Lincoln Financial Field have much taller side stands. I don't know why ours doesn't. The roof would be higher of course. Is the overall capacity and height restricted due to satisfying UNESCO or is it due to finance, or lack of confidence that we can fill a bigger stadium? Surely both the east and west stands can have another tier.

All valid questions. Personally I'd have liked to have seen at least some tiered overlap on the sides with a slightly higher home end. That woulld aid additional capacity reasons and further add to the Goodison feel.

I can only assume cost is the driver. The three tiered St Lukes render looked much better as did those plans generally (were they 57k?),

All valid questions. Personally I'd have liked to have seen at least some tiered overlap on the sides with a slightly higher home end. That woulld aid additional capacity reasons and further add to the Goodison feel.

I can only assume cost is the driver. The three tiered St Lukes render looked much better as did those plans generally (were they 57k?),

That 3 tiered stand looked much more intimidating

The more i see it the more i feel underwhelmed, terribly low capacity for a new build in this day and age considering we are coming from a stadium that holds over 40,000, design nothing special either, typical middle of the road ambition from the club

Positives though it will provide a better matchday experience, benefit the city and other businesses

The more i see it the more i feel underwhelmed, terribly low capacity for a new build in this day and age considering we are coming from a stadium that holds over 40,000, design nothing special either, typical middle of the road ambition from the club

Positives though it will provide a better matchday experience, benefit the city and other businesses

I do not know for sure but perhaps provision has been built into the design for future expansion.

I think the original St Lukes were comparable with NWHL. This is all I could find. So why is it scaled back?

NES.jpeg

I do not know for sure but perhaps provision has been built into the design for future expansion.
Definitely can not expand.

Who the hell builds a new stadium with future expansion capabilities??

The designers are already thinking its small for the job, else why even mention expanding in future

I think the initial renders are much much better.. The three tier stands.

Definitely can not expand.

Who the hell builds a new stadium with future expansion capabilities??

The designers are already thinking its small for the job, else why even mention expanding in future

I think the initial renders are much much better.. The three tier stands.
But isn't that sensible? Its thinking long term