New Everton Stadium Discussion

More like Mordor

Nah, assuming it's the same fellow, I remember Dave from his well informed articles years ago on Toffeeweb, and there's no doubt that Dave's a blue through and through.

The reason I said the Ricoh, was, for reasons which I forget, I'd just read about it on Wiki at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricoh_Arena and part of that said ...

In April 2017 the Ricoh Arena was listed by FourFourTwo magazine as the worst stadium of all 92 in the Premier League and English Football League, citing “a depressing experience” in an “often soulless atmosphere in a virtually empty stadium” ... and the "depressing experience", "often soulless" and "virtually empty" made me think of Dave a bit.

No offence intended to Dave.

Nah, assuming it's the same fellow, I remember Dave from his well informed articles years ago on Toffeeweb, and there's no doubt that Dave's a blue through and through.

The reason I said the Ricoh, was, for reasons which I forget, I'd just read about it on Wiki at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricoh_Arena and part of that said ...

In April 2017 the Ricoh Arena was listed by FourFourTwo magazine as the worst stadium of all 92 in the Premier League and English Football League, citing “a depressing experience” in an “often soulless atmosphere in a virtually empty stadium” ... and the "depressing experience", "often soulless" and "virtually empty" made me think of Dave a bit.

Highfield Road was a pretty depressing place also .
You could put the Nou Camp in Coventry but it would still be Coventry

add to the fact that if safe standing 1:2 ratio does come in , then every club will be able to increace capacity, not just us … so spurs and arsenal could go to 75,000 if we up ours to 65,000

essentially we will always be at least 10,000 seats behind 'the competition'
Just as long as we're always 3 goals ahead.

most stadiums , well the lower league ones , were already standing .. so your point is invalid.

only the newly built stadiums MIGHT have issues.. not enough issues to not make standing and capacity increace viable

I don't care about lower league grounds, that's the only irrelevence here. What I said was newly built all-seater stadia may have issues with conversion and that is true. You can't just whack capacity up by 50%, get a safety certificate from Amazon and crack on as normal. Some will be suited, others not so, in every case (only Tottenham futureproofed in England as far as I am aware) there will be additional building work required. Not a blocker in some cases but certainly relevent.

And yet never forget at the height of the Kirkby propaganda Chairman Bill got the Echo to print this......

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...eing-sent-coventry-perfect-experience-3508999

The two stands in that picture do look very generic.

It looked so much better with a 3 tier main stand but guess that was dropped when we settled on 52k unfortunately.

5ac33fb82ff54111f000000b.png

I don't care about lower league grounds, that's the only irrelevence here. What I said was newly built all-seater stadia may have issues with conversion and that is true. You can't just whack capacity up by 50%, get a safety certificate from Amazon and crack on as normal. Some will be suited, others not so, in every case (only Tottenham futureproofed in England as far as I am aware) there will be additional building work required. Not a blocker in some cases but certainly relevent.

And yet never forget at the height of the Kirkby propaganda Chairman Bill got the Echo to print this......

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...eing-sent-coventry-perfect-experience-3508999

That article is horrific. "The ground is perfect, oh, apart from its completely inaccessible unless you drive."

Thank God for KEIOC

It looked so much better with a 3 tier main stand but guess that was dropped when we settled on 52k unfortunately.

5ac33fb82ff54111f000000b.png

That looks incredible.

Starting to realise now how small it's going to look.

And there's absolutely no reason why the east and west stands (especially the west with all the free space for the"fan zone) could accommodate that sized stand.

Last edited:

I for one always look forward to going to Tesco on my way out of a game.

Unless you’re from Germany or a number of other foreign countries where it is implemented perfectly well and it is approved of.
But this is England mate, they're foreigners and they can be trusted not to abuse it. You can't even have a Bevy at your seat while watching the game like you can in... and I use the term guardedly...civilised countries, like, like, er well like NZ, Australia, USA, to name but 3.
We shall see.

I for one always look forward to going to Tesco on my way out of a game.
Staggering isn’t it:
“And, if Coventry is anything to go by, supporters are unlikely to have to worry about where to get their shopping on the way home from games. A good goal kick behind the Ricoh Arena’s Jewson Stand is one of the biggest Tesco stores you are likely to see. A sign of the future perhaps?”
Christ on a tricycle