2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely improved at the end of last season there's no arguing about that.

But then today I watched him head a cross directly away from goal and it just makes me question what they're actually working with him on in training

Don't want to get into the DCL vs Niasse debate - it's like deciding whether you want your wedding tackle traumatically removed with a machete or lumberjack's axe.
Niasse would be like getting it removed whilst under laughing gas though.

The bloke makes me smile when he scores or chases things down. I like DCL but he is pretty boring.

We don’t acually need to play, DCL,Tosun or Niasse. If we play 433 we have Richarlison,Kean,Walcott,Iwobi and Bernard a combination could be found from then 5 and it would be much more potent than using the 3 so called strikers. I would play Richarlison central as he is better there than the 3 strikers,

But then today I watched him head a cross directly away from goal and it just makes me question what they're actually working with him on in training

I will argue. He is utter tripe. Always has been.

I'd rather watch someone's nose disintegrate from syphilis tham him
Trying to be a striker

If you have to teach a grown man because that what he is to head the ball between the the two white sticks at his level, then that guy ain’t going to make it.

If he was a defender it was an excellent clearance

Knew as soon as he started we weren’t scoring. Clubs failure to replace lukaku has set us back ten years. Said it then, say it now.

Never going to grab the top six until we do

Status
Not open for further replies.