2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really rough start for him.

But also I think it was purely because of hes very strong and physically gifted, and was a bit overconfidence in that. It really looked like he was expected to shrug off players, and was caught out by the aggressiveness of players, and what the ref would let them get away with. Fortunately that can be quickly learned, and once he does I think he will settle really well.

Nah, people cant seriously be slating a player on his first 50 minutes of game time in english football.

Centre midfield is probably the most difficult position to adjust to in the premier league. You're getting pressed and closed down almost immediately which is not what happens in other leagues, or at least not as intensely.

He'll get better, simmer down.

As I saw it.

Not ready yet.

Should have played Davies ahead of him.

Of course I want the lad to be a success so enough of that nonsense.
Of course he isn't bloody ready yet! that's the issue. He admitted himself last week that he needed more time on the training ground - came back from AFCON and had just two full training sessions.

Not his fault Silva threw him on after Gomes got injured, but surely either way that should be seen as a testament to the fact that he has something about him to be ahead of Davies regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.