Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cd6rmEgXEAIv6Cc.jpg

That's not true at all we were still in negotiations with palace over zaha we just never put another formal bid in for him is all. We were negotiating till about 3pm today he never put in a transfer request for a laugh.

From what I can't tell palace weren't letting him go without replacements. Unfortunately for us palace seem to be one of the most inept clubs in the leauge for bringing in players.
I presume you have better sources than Joyce then

Fair enough @Eggs. He fits the mould of the player they were after, but I’ll reiterate my original point. Why leave it so late in the window? It’s not like arsenal signed any other players in his position in the last week and he sudddenly became available. Your right he meets the profile of what we need, let’s hope he develops here as he obviously has some talent.

Perhaps they viewed him as surplus at a point where his market value could offset subsequent devaluation due to playing time.

Pienaar's first spell at Everton:
28 games 2 goals
28 games 2 goals
30 games 4 goals
18 games 1 goal

Steven Pienaar is my go to for people who quote stats.

Steven Pienaar is my go to for the ‘pl experience’ brigade (his move to spurs).

Steven Pienaar was part of the best left hand side combo I can think of in the PL. I wouldn’t have swapped him for anyone, and I was gutted when he left.

the lad hasnt even kicked a ball for us and he’s already been written off by some people. Give the lad a chance

Attachments

• D78937EA-5D95-4082-A022-DEE94435EA82.png
    D78937EA-5D95-4082-A022-DEE94435EA82.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 95

....so chuffed with Silva’s comment on Iwobi because they mirror exactly what I say about players fitting a system the manager wants to play. We all have an opinion, but he is forming a team he wants to play in a certain way, with players who compliment each other.

It’s called a strategy. We didn’t have a transfer strategy under Walsh, we just bought footballers;

“Alex was one of our main targets for the window. He is a direct & skilful winger who fits exactly the profile of player I want in my model.”

Hallelujah.
You've made the 7.00 am slot your own eggs, I'm assuming this is the beginning of the 'post transfer thread news' thread.

A few people seem to think he’s better value than Zaha but the way I look at it Zaha was more likely to make an impact week in week out. I’m not sure Iwobi has enough to even start games ahead of what we’ve got. So in that sense Zaha would have provided better value despite the higher fee.

A few people seem to think he’s better value than Zaha but the way I look at it Zaha more likely to make an impact week in week out. I’m not sure Iwobi has enough to even start games ahead of what we’ve got. So in that sense Zaha would have provided better value despite the higher fee.

He's cheaper than Zaha. He's not as good as Zaha. But Zaha wasnt available for what we were willing/able to pay. Therefore Zaha is irrelevant.

Only relevant question is "Does he improve our squad?"

Status
Not open for further replies.