Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s absolute dog excrement, but I’ll trust Silva and Brands here and pray I’m wrong.
I mean I think this is just a mad thing to say..

Obviously we all have different opinions and that, and I myself am not especially super excited over him.. but he's not a bad player.

23 years old, loads of appearances for Arsenal, skillful and creative, pretty solid stats and still plenty of room for him to develop his game. If the fee turns out to be under the 30-odd million initially reported then I honestly think that's very good business.

Feel people are just overreacting and we probably wouldn't be seeing it if it wasn't for the Zaha stuff.

I’m not sure iwobi is that good but I’m sure he’s better than walcott so willing to give him a chance

Iwobi is NOT plan B to Zaha. Totally different players.

I think he’ll prove to be a good signing. 23, quick, tricky, holds & carries the ball really well.

Good signing

Thank you! Just how I feel too. I posted stuff on twitter about this, its really riled me up. If he signs, I SO want him to succeed here now, more thank any other signing we have made this summer (apart from Gomes of course :))

Lets see.
80+ mil plus 2 players circa 25 mil....that puts Zaha in Ronaldo's class.

Thats a World Class fee we have walked away from.

World Class player?
...absolutely no chance

Then tied to a massive 200k pw contract....yep bullet dodged .

Total cost would have been between £125-£150m over the length of his contract, including transfer fee

Haha haha for someone who scored 44 goals in his career. If people can’t see this is a massive dodges bullet then they’ve been blinded by those Soccer AM clips of the skillz

Imagine what you could buy for £150m

If Iwobi is brilliant and I'm wrong, nobody will be happier than me.

I just happen to think there's next to no chance I'm wrong on this one.

You claimed he was like bolasie earlier and that's even more daft than the people who were claiming Zaha was like Bolasie.

He might not turn out to be great but the comparison is frankly ludicrous. Bolasie was playing non league and league 2 when Iwobi was playing regularly at a massive club like Arsenal.

I've never been that impressed and thought he was just OK, with no standout features. But he created a heck of a lot of chances last year in a heck of a lot less minutes than our most creative players. So I'm gonna give him a chance to change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.