Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the fact we've signed Iwobi - as bad as I personally feel he is. It's that we failed on several targets and didn't get the numbers/positions the manager wanted.

Brands failed. There's no sugar coating it. Sure, it's not a disaster, and signings like Kean and Gomes are inspired for the cost and could be masterful transfers in the long run, but he failed overall. We missed an opportunity to have a serious go at qualifying for Europe.
Just relax with the hope of more mid table mediocrity
It’s much better for your health

It's not just the fact we've signed Iwobi - as bad as I personally feel he is. It's that we failed on several targets and didn't get the numbers/positions the manager wanted.

Brands failed. There's no sugar coating it. Sure, it's not a disaster, and signings like Kean and Gomes are inspired for the cost and could be masterful transfers in the long run, but he failed overall. We missed an opportunity to have a serious go at qualifying for Europe.

We have yet to witness any of the following in an Everton shirt, all starting from scratch playing under Marco Silva, in a new system in front of manic passionate fans:

Moise Keane, JP Gbamin, Sidibe, Delph, and Alex Iwobi. The fist 4 are all welcome, the next coming of famous number 9's, the next Holy Trinity etc etc...., yet Alex Iwobi is being called stuff like dog excrement, the worst player we have signed since Per Kroldrup or Mikel Madar?

Sheesh. I scratch my head at our fan base sometimes.
Just online idiots, GOT is not a true reflection of our fanbase whatsoever

He’s a decent player but he’s no Zaha.

He's 22/23 years old. He cost us 28m (so far). You have NEVER seen him play. Zaha would have cost us 70m more - that can now go to a CB (or 2) and an CM in the January transfer window.

I so want him to turn us down now, go on to be Arsenal's player of the year scoring 30 goals, and then LFC buy him for 120m next summer.

Needs to add end product to his game n he'd be quite useful n that can come as he matures. I dont think his price is thay bad in this bonkers market

I actually do. Silva stated quite clearly what he needed - he didn't get what he needed.

We put definite bids in for Zaha and Doucoure as well as... urgh... Rojo. All failed.
He said he wanted 5 players and we got 4: Gbamin, Kean, Sidibe and Iwobi. Just CB. Only one we missed out.

Reactions: gmb
Lets see.
80+ mil plus 2 players circa 25 mil....that puts Zaha in Ronaldo's class.

Thats a World Class fee we have walked away from.

World Class player?
...absolutely no chance

Then tied to a massive 200k pw contract....yep bullet dodged .

Agree. Plus, worst-case scenario if Zaha flops / gets a serious injury, two years down the track he'd be 28 and we'd be losing serious money on him if we wanted to sell. We may have overpaid a bit on Iwobi, but at 23 his best years are ahead of him, and he is Premier League-ready.

I'm happy we've gone with Iwobi over Zaha, for the prices quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.