Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trusted him until it became apparent the arse had fell out of his masterplan, and he's suddenly doing his best Steve Walsh/Bill Kenwright hybrid impression, scrambling around last minute for top four cast-offs.

I still do trust him to an extent, but he got this all wrong. It's OK to admit Brands got it wrong - the key is he learns from it.

Incredible. The lad hasn’t kicked a ball yet.

Incredible. The lad hasn’t kicked a ball yet.

It's not just the fact we've signed Iwobi - as bad as I personally feel he is. It's that we failed on several targets and didn't get the numbers/positions the manager wanted.

Brands failed. There's no sugar coating it. Sure, it's not a disaster, and signings like Kean and Gomes are inspired for the cost and could be masterful transfers in the long run, but he failed overall. We missed an opportunity to have a serious go at qualifying for Europe.

Never seen this guy play to my knowledge so I'm ambivalent based on the responses on here. Not sure what these xG numbers mean (nothing???) But his seem to be good. Looked a bit Bolasie on YT.

Hmmm

We have yet to witness any of the following in an Everton shirt, all starting from scratch playing under Marco Silva, in a new system in front of manic passionate fans:

Moise Keane, JP Gbamin, Sidibe, Delph, and Alex Iwobi. The fist 4 are all welcome, the next coming of famous number 9's, the next Holy Trinity etc etc...., yet Alex Iwobi is being called stuff like dog excrement, the worst player we have signed since Per Kroldrup or Mikel Madar?

Sheesh. I scratch my head at our fan base sometimes.

I think we’ve got a good deal here. Always struck me as a player with a good attitude and a bit lost at Arsenal. Could be one of a several who have left them and improved. Uses the ball well in he build up and is progressive. Would want more goals and assists if he’s playing on the wing by wouldn’t surprise me if Silva has other plans.

It's not just the fact we've signed Iwobi - as bad as I personally feel he is. It's that we failed on several targets and didn't get the numbers/positions the manager wanted.

Brands failed. There's no sugar coating it. Sure, it's not a disaster, and signings like Kean and Gomes are inspired for the cost and could be masterful transfers in the long run, but he failed overall. We missed an opportunity to have a serious go at qualifying for Europe.
Let’s wait and see how it turns out eh? Iwobi pushes Theo to 4th choice out wide so it’s still a win.

You honestly don't know that though do you? Other than the bid for Zaha we didn't have any other reported bids for wingers right? Maybe Iwobi was the second target.

The only failure is backup CB.

You honestly don't know that though do you? Other than the bid for Zaha we didn't have any other reported bids for wingers right? Maybe Iwobi was the second target.

The only failure is backup CB.

I actually do. Silva stated quite clearly what he needed - he didn't get what he needed.

We put definite bids in for Zaha and Doucoure as well as... urgh... Rojo. All failed.

We have yet to witness any of the following in an Everton shirt, all starting from scratch playing under Marco Silva, in a new system in front of manic passionate fans:

Moise Keane, JP Gbamin, Sidibe, Delph, and Alex Iwobi. The fist 4 are all welcome, the next coming of famous number 9's, the next Holy Trinity etc etc...., yet Alex Iwobi is being called stuff like dog excrement, the worst player we have signed since Per Kroldrup or Mikel Madar?

Sheesh. I scratch my head at our fan base sometimes.
Your not alone

Status
Not open for further replies.