Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it was an Everton example. I’m sure there are plenty more. All i’m saying is I don’t know how effective Iwobi might be, but Brands/Silva have obviously identified him as somebody they want.

There was a report yesterday that suggested we wanted Iwobi and Zaha, so this lad might not be 2nd choice.
If you ever watch toffee TV, which I have done a bit of during the transfer window, they have been keeping mum for over a week on ITK information they supposedly had on a winger we were after. After the bid broke yesterday they confirmed that Iwobi was this mystery player. So I'm guessing this is the back up to Zaha. Looks like they tested the water with Palace again yesterday over Zaha and then decided to walk away and go after this lad.

The Zaha transfer request was a red herring really. It gave the fans hope, well those of us who wanted Zaha, but because Palace wouldn't budge on the price it didn't affect the deal.

We will see about as much of this player as we did of Lookman. I genuinely don’t see where he fits in unless there are a rash of injuries. Wasted signing.

87 PL apps the last 3 seasons, many of which were as a sub
9 goals and 14 assists.
So on a per 90 mins scale, probably in the vicinity of a goal or assist every other game
I did the math on it yesterday and it was a goal or assist every 190 minutes or so. That's not too shabby for a player age 18-23. He should be better the next three years.

Signing a reject from clubs above you in the table is not the way to surpass them. Pretty underwhelming signing in my opinion, in these days of 4-3-3 formations, a non-scoring winger hardly gets the pulse racing. Young enough to improve but a downgrade from Zaha in my opinion.
Didn't hurt city...

I am happy with this signing if we get it done (which i think we will). Young, very skilful, can play left, right or centre mid and cost us about 50 million pound less than the massively overpriced Zaha. Made 35 appearances for Arsenal first team last season and can certainly bring competition into the team.

I am struggling to understand this one. He plays off the left which Bernard and Richarlison favour. The upgrade we needed was on the right. We have panicked. The one positive is because of his age we will get resale

Only just on his way in and you are concerning yourself with that? Mate, forget how much the club pays for players and enjoy the upcoming season.

Signing a reject from clubs above you in the table is not the way to surpass them. Pretty underwhelming signing in my opinion, in these days of 4-3-3 formations, a non-scoring winger hardly gets the pulse racing. Young enough to improve but a downgrade from Zaha in my opinion.
This isn't that though. He's 23 and leaving to get more game time. Arsenal would gladly keep him as a rotation player but they can't in the same way Juve couldn't keep Kean. He isn't their reject.

And we aren't playing 4-3-3 right now. As long as we are playing Gylfi we won't be. With the players we have now we need a creative player on one flank to balance it out. Iwobi can be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.