2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
they can't possibly ban him. Everyone else that's been done has just been fined haven't they? If they do ban him we'll accept being done like a kipper again and treated totally differently to all the top 6 and that annoys me.

And that's exactly why they'll ban him, because they know they can get away with it and can always point to it when people challenge them on going light in the future "See, we hit Everton with the hardest sanction we could, why are you complaining?"

He's not going anywhere.

People forget we sent Kenny out on loan because Holgate is cover for Coleman at RB.

We're 1 CB short already. Selling Holgate means we're 2 CBs and then 1 RB short

Straight Mafffs
Big Mic, Mina, Gibson and another true CB (plus Gbamin to cover)? I think its plenty. I believe Gibson is up for the challenge and about time he gets his chance with the 1st team. Word is Sidebe is heading over as a backup RB and eventual starter. As long as the pieces fall, I think the back line will be fine

And that's exactly why they'll ban him, because they know they can get away with it and can always point to it when people challenge them on going light in the future "See, we hit Everton with the hardest sanction we could, why are you complaining?"

and that's our own club's fault. They made a mockery of us over the niasse dive and we didn't respond loud enough

Big Mic, Mina, Gibson and another true CB (plus Gbamin to cover)? I think its plenty. I believe Gibson is up for the challenge and about time he gets his chance with the 1st team. Word is Sidebe is heading over as a backup RB and eventual starter. As long as the pieces fall, I think the back line will be fine

Ok

Replacing a player who's actually a 1st team player that could possibly be a starter in other premiership clubs with a couple of young lads who have had 5 minutes of pre-season?

Incredibly doubtful.

He's not going anywhere. If any of Gibson etc were in contention, they'd have got more game time than Holgate who's played pretty much every pre season game.

About time? He's literally just turned 19 mate, he's hardly been held back.

Crazy talk. Even for fantasy / football manager that is fair dinkum wack spack.

he's reliable and can do a job, He's not someone who makes a mistake every game he plays but it's not ideal for him to be our cover, He's the cover cover.

It’s an opportunity for the lad to stake his claim as a long term solution for us. Yeah it’s a little scary that we have 3CBs with prem experience.. we obviously hope they stay fit but it’s a long season ahead.. Holgate and very possibly Gibson will get good playing time.. 5 months then we can see where we are and sign one if required.

he's reliable and can do a job, He's not someone who makes a mistake every game he plays but it's not ideal for him to be our cover, He's the cover cover.
He has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders this season, and it says something that while ideally we wanted another CB, with all options available, Marcel and Marco were comfortable rolling with Holgate as our first backup CB. He's solid IMHO. At least we don't have to worry about seeing Pennington in there in the near term.

Status
Not open for further replies.