Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

If we had come back with 80, they’d have asked for 90, and so on. Staying up is of more value to them than a short term gain. Probably looked at Swansea after gylfi joined here as a cautionary tale.

I don’t think Iwobi was a panic buy. He fits a need, he was attainable, there was a price and we paid it. I hope he’ll do well.

Doesn’t he play in about 4 different positions

Decent bit of business in this window, clearly plan A was to get Zouma, once he was ruled out they were found wanting. Going till January with Keane and Mina with Holgate and Gibson as back up has me concerned. I would be optimistic about top 6 but not top 4 if we cant have a single injury or suspension to any of our two main CBs.

Lets see how it goes, fingers crossed this decision doesnt bite us in the rear end!!!

....strategy, it seems we finally have a transfer strategy.

Rojo joining on a season long loan makes sense, but he’s not a strategic (long-term) target. We stick to our strategy, we don’t panic and buy him on a permanent deal. We suffer in the short-term but we get a player in that we want on a long contract.

That’s very encouraging.
Agreed, assuming Rojo is not a late deal sheet. Walsh would have paid 30mm for him and given a 4 year deal. We have more outgoings and by next season will have cleared almost all the deadwood.

It wasn’t a perfect window but I think it was a damn good one. Flexibility of JPG, probably keep MS now gives us cover. Without committing funds to someone with no sell on value

Status
Not open for further replies.