Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense at all. How can Tosun be part of the deal if they have to pay separately for him?!
They are trying to reduce the amount of money they pass onto Utd.
The McCarthy deal for 3m instead of 8m could save them one million.

Even a one year loan deal with an option to buy for 10m or sell will defer and reduce the money they pay as part of the sell on deal.

i dunno, but i take everton's official word over Sky's guesses any day tbh. If we wanted to offer those two players in exchange, we wouldn't be selling mccarthy and buying zaha in separate deals. Just my opinion.
That's what I've just said though. We denied having made a second bid, but Sky were the first ones reporting that we'd made any bid. They mentioned Mccarthy and it just so happens that now McCarthy is going there. They said Zaha had handed in a transfer request and now everyone else is saying the same. To think that those things are all guesses is absolutely astonishing. Whether it's Zaha's team or someone at Palace, Sky are getting their info from somewhere, it's blatantly obvious.

They are trying to reduce the amount of money they pass onto Utd.
The McCarthy deal for 3m instead of 8m could save them one million.

Even a one year loan deal with an option to buy for 10m or sell will defer and reduce the money they pay as part of the sell on deal.
Yeah either that or that random bloke on twitter doesn't actually know the terms of the deal on the table. One or the other.

Wouldn't it therefore make more sense to use a player of similar value and ability, rather than an Arsenal reserve ?

That was my point.

Well you never actually made that point though did you, you just made a sarcastic comment. Since that is your point can you name one comparable player who could be available and who we would have a chance of signing before deadline day then?
Iwobi played 51 times for Arsenal last season btw, not exactly an 'Arsenal reserve'. He's also 23, has top 6 premier league & European experience, is half the price, and is also a home grown player. As I said before he is a viable alternative from Palace's perspective which therefore gives them a decision to make, and that's the most important thing from a negotiation stand point.

David Luiz wants to go to Arsenal apparently, not good news for us regards getting Zouma

From the Daily Express though, so pinch of salt etc
More worryingly, it would probably mean we can't get Tomori either. If the Smalling reports are true, I dread to think how far down the list that must mean we're going.

Status
Not open for further replies.