Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Smalling at this point if it meant getting a proper RW, Smalling and Iwobi would be proper rubbish.
As a loan option we could do worse, but I wouldn't want to be offering a long term contract to him. Would it weaken our defence compared to last year? Possibly, but we'll hopefully get to see a fully fit Mina this year, Gbamin can also play there and we should also have improved in the right back area.

I'm with you. Another proper top draw wide man is more important than getting Zouma back in my opinion.

So Mina and Keane lack pace and Smalling is turd.

Maybe we should invent a couple of robo-centre halves who will tick all the boxes.

Who would you be happy with mate?

We aren’t in Europe, we aren’t going to spend a fortune on a back up centre half if we don’t need to, just like we didn’t last season.
You misunderstand me Mina and Keane are both good players but too similar you need pace as well for a partnership, both lack that a bit . Second question is a good one but I'm not paid to scout. I just think Smalling isn't good I'd rather go for Temoure at least he has some potential. Smalling is poor.

Smalling an iwobi stinks of this years Williams an Bolasie. Hope we don’t go anywhere near both of them rather we took a risk on players from abroad than average prem players. That said I would rather go with what we have got than get smalling. I don’t think iwobi is that bad of a player I no I compared him to Bolasie it’s just a massive step down on the wingers we have been linked with really. That said the will be loads of rumours flying round I still think we will all be happy come 5pm tomorrow.

Smalling an iwobi stinks of this years Williams an Bolasie. Hope we don’t go anywhere near both of them rather we took a risk on players from abroad than average prem players. That said I would rather go with what we have got than get smalling. I don’t think iwobi is that bad of a player I no I compared him to Bolasie it’s just a massive step down on the wingers we have been linked with really. That said the will be loads of rumours flying round I still think we will all be happy come 5pm tomorrow.

Iwobi = Bolasie
Smalling = Williams
Lossl = Steklenburg
Delph = Schneiderlin

Or am I being a bit to harsh? I don’t see much difference in quality between them four.

He's playing Lacazette, Aubameyang and Ozil most weeks, as opposed to Wickham and Benteke. Of course it is.

Iwobi would be with Richie, Sigs, Kean etc, so could well continue that form.

All I have to go on is the stats for a younger chap at a much lower price are higher in the same league.

Alternatively we've approached with an enquiry and arsenal are using him as a mouthpiece to try draw a stupid bid from someone.

They wanna keep him.why leak the bid, they want to sell then why leak the bid at this time, it serves no purpose
Occam's razor mate. It's possible that there's all sorts of mad games being played by a million different people that all make things look a certain way. Or it's possible that we've just made a bid for a player who some of us don't rate that highly. One of them is more likely than the other I think.

So many on here who can judge a player and do the job better than Brands. So much untapped potential wasted trying to correct those of us who make the mistake of wasting our time looking at data and trying to understand what our DoF and manager might see in players linked when the GOT Goodison Dadocracy simply know best and decree them to be rubbish...

Status
Not open for further replies.